An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 9th December 2006
Conference North

Hyde United1Gedman (55)
Scarborough1Dalton (27)

Attendance: 388

Hyde United: Jean-Paul Ndjebayi, Paul Howarth, Chris Lynch (David German), Earl Davis, Michael Taylor, Nathan Wharton, David Flitcroft, Steve Pickford, Dale Johnson, Nicky Clee, Paul Gedman. Subs not used: Gerry Harrison, Steve Brackenridge, Neil Tolson, Danny Caldecott.

Scarborough: Wilberforce, Lyth, Davies, Beadle, Hotte, Ingram, Dalton, Vermiglio, Hackworth, Thompson, Thornton. Subs: Blott, Amos, Patterson.

This was certainly the proverbial game of two halves. Hyde didnít show up for the first and then completely dominated the second. A draw was a fair result on a chilly afternoon at Ewen Fields.

Scarborough arrived in Hyde £1.6m in debt, unable to sign players due to an FA embargo and an uncertain future, and only had three subs, one of whom was the manager! However they certainly didnít show any problems on the pitch as they completely dominated the first half. Praise to for the referee, Mr Denton, who allowed the game to flow and didnít produce the usual flurry of cards at any sign of a tackle.

First, Chris Thompson fired wide from a good position and then Jean Paul Ndjebayi, standing in for the injured Craig Dootson, produced an outstanding save to thwart the same player. The Tigers continued to live dangerously and it was no surprise when Ged Dalton poked the ball home on 27 minutes after more uncertainty in the Hyde defence. With Hyde still all at sea, Thompson hit a post as the visitors continued to dominate.

The second half was a totally different affair as Hyde dominated for much of the time. David Flitcroftís superbly flighted cross allowed Paul Gedman to head home at the near post on 55 minutes and ten minutes later the two combined again but this time Gedmanís header came back off the angle.

Hyde continued to push forward with Nicky Clee, in for the suspended Gareth Seddon, looking like a potential match winner. His runs down the left caused all sorts of problems for the Scarborough defence in the second half and after one fantastic run, Dale Johnson was caught offside as a goal looked likely. Mark Wilberforce in the visitors goal produced a string of fine saves as the Tigers pushed forward looking for the winner, but the home fans were relieved in the last minute to see Ryan Blottís thunderbolt clear the bar by inches with Ndjebayi beaten.

Report by Tony Beard.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.