An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 29th April 2006
Conference North

Hyde United3Harrison (18), Tolson (45), Quayle (66)
Moor Green2McPhee (57 pen), Middleton (84)

Attendance: 261

Hyde United: Jean-Paul Ndjebayi, David German, Paul Armstrong (Chris Lynch), Nathan Wharton, Mike Flynn, Lincoln Adams, Neil Tolson, Gerry Harrison, Nicky Clee, Steve Brackenridge, Mark Quayle (Dale Johnson). Subs not used: Paul Jones, Tony Ellis, Wayne Dean.

Moor Green: Timms, Scott, Midworth, Collins, Sanders, Petty, Morrison, Middleton, Nurse, Anderson, Trainer. Subs: McPhee, Bridgwater, English, Penny, Faulds.

The Tigers concluded their first season in Conference North with a thrilling victory over Moor Green to finish 11th, which ultimately was a satisfactory end after such a poor start. Steve Waywell believes Hyde are now well placed for a crack at the title next season providing he can sign the players he wants.

Some departures from Ewen Fields are inevitable, but Waywell thinks he has the nucleus of what is required. He feels the departure of Matty McNeil was significant and a replacement for him is the number one priority. Not easy when most pundits had him as the best player in the league.

On Saturday in front of a desperately low crowd of just 261, despite a beautiful afternoon, Hyde fought off a spirited Moor Green fightback to take all the points and finish the season on a high. The pitch was in pristine condition and it could have been the start of the season rather than the end.

Hyde took the lead on 18 minutes when Gerry Harrison forced the ball home after Steve Brackenridge's corner had fell to him. Former Tiger, Phil Trainer went close for the visitors, before Neil Tolson ran through on goal right on half-time to place the ball in the net past former Manchester City goalkeeper Ashley Timms..

The visitors were given a lifeline on 57 minutes when Jean Paul Ndjebayi was adjudged to have fouled David Morrison. It looked harsh from the stand as he appeared to punch the ball before accidental contact was made. Nevertheless Gary McPhee coolly slotted home the penalty. Mark Quayle restored Hyde's two goal advantage on 66 minutes when he converted Nicky Clee's pinpoint cross. Hyde had chances to seal the victory before Darren Middleton pulled a goal back with just six minutes left to set up a thrilling finale.

Jean Paul made up for his earlier indiscretion with two superb saves in the final minutes to ensure Hyde took all the points and bring the curtain down on an excellent season overall.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.