An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 16th January 1999
F.A. Trophy 3rd Round

Runcorn2Salt (4), McNally (79)
Hyde United1Yeo (58)

Attendance: 428

Runcorn: Not available

Hyde United: Kurt Edgington, Kojoe Taylor, George Switzer (Darren Washington), Gus Wilson, Paul Taylor, Chris Dolby (Lloyd Richardson), Prince Moncrieffe, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Peter Band, Don Page (Matty Taylor). Subs not used: Steve Haw, Paul Richardson. Sent off: Gus Wilson.

Simon Yeo burst into action when he took on Ward but his cross for Band was too high. Danny Salt fired Runcorn into a 4th minute lead when his 20 yard piledriver flew past Kurt Edgington's outstretched right hand. Yeo then got behind the Runcorn defence but his left foot shot went just wide. Liam Watson latched on to Paul Taylor's poor header but Edgington saved well at his feet. On 25 minutes Hyde were reduced to ten men when Gus Wilson was sent off for a foul on Watson. The two players were in a chase for the ball when Wilson seemed to slip, as he fell he took the forward with him and by the rulebook he had to go. Peter Band acrobatically fired an overhead kick on target from Dolby's corner but Williams saved well. Watson again got behind the Tigers defence but Edgington again saved at his feet. The following corner was cleared off the line and then Watson again burst through the Hyde back three, beat Edgington and then went down, the referee was having none of it though and booked the striker for diving. On the stroke of Half time, Simon Yeo pounced on a poor backheader but Williams parried the ball against the Hyde striker and out for a goalkick. Kojoe Taylor almost grabbed his first goal for the club early in the second half when his 25 yard drive whistled past the post. Neil Hall's long free kick was guided in off the crossbar by Simon Yeo on 58 minutes to give The Tigers a chance of victory. Prince Moncrieffe went close as he cut inside from the left but his stinging effort was well held by Williams. On 78 minutes, Band and Yeo worked well to release Moncrieffe who nutmegged the goalkeeper only for his shot to trickle wide of the empty goal. Hyde paid the penalty for this miss as a minute later Paul McNally put Runcorn into the next round when he poked the ball home after some good work down the right.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.