An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 3rd April 1999
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Altrincham2Robertson (49), Harris (90)
Hyde United1Annan (47)

Attendance: 923

Altrincham: Not available

Hyde United: Kurt Edgington, Kojoe Taylor, Richard Annan, Gus Wilson, Paul Taylor, Scott Brenchley, Lloyd Richardson, Don Page, Simon Yeo, Steve Haw (Mike Turner), Prince Moncrieffe. Subs not used: Tony Rodwell, Chris Dolby.

A bright sunny day was matched by a quick tempo early on in today's game. Altrincham's early pressure forced a number of corners, but Hyde defended well. A Simon Yeo cross shaved the crossbar on fifteen minutes, only he knows if he meant it. Scott Brenchley had Coburn racing across his goal shortly after but his shot bounced the wrong side of the post. Leroy Chambers then had Altrincham's best chance of the half when he rose to head a right wing cross against the post. Coburn couldn't hold on to a Prince Moncrieffe shot but Steve Haw following up was adjudged to have fouled Ellender. Phil Power headed a left wing free kick wide at the back post when he really should have hit the target as The Tigers started to live dangerously. Paul Robertson's deceptive right wing free-kick curled in and missed out everyone, hitting the far post with Edgington beaten. Ellender then tried to play inside his own penalty area, Yeo robbed him of the ball and was then bundled over by the centre-half but the referee waved play on. Steve Haw was brought down by Ellender on 47 minutes and Richard Annan stepped up to bend the ball into the top corner from the resulting free-kick. The Tigers lead didn't last long though, two minutes to be precise as Paul Robertson's corner went straight in at the far post. The game then started to become scrappy with Hyde frustrating title chasing Alty. Tony Rigby's low volley was cleared for a corner and Paul Ellender walked the ball around Edgington before shooting into the side netting. Altrincham's desperate attempts for a winner finally paid off after 90 minutes when ex-Tiger Ricky Harris prodded home a right wing cross to give The Robins a hard fought win.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.