An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Wednesday 9th April 2003
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Runcorn FC Halton1McGinn (60)
Hyde United1Coleman (3)

Attendance: 112

Runcorn FC Halton: Winstanley, Carragher, Ness, Ellis, Harris, Spearitt, Parle, Price, Prescott, Leadbetter, McGinn. Sub: Morley, Allen, Watson

Hyde United: David Fish, Simon Coleman, Paul Williams, Paul Jones (Rob Woodhead), Nicky Spooner (Mike Meszaros), Mark Sertori, Jason Lydiate, Dave Swanick, Steve Foster, Lee Evans, Craig Buckley. Subs not used: Rick Whelan.

The Tigers put up a brave show at Valerie Park, Prescot, in front of a Spartan crowd, and were unlucky not to come away with all three points. They welcomed back Steve Foster and got off to a dream start as Simon Coleman half-volleyed a screamer into the top corner after only three minutes. Coleman went on to have a fine game in an unaccustomed midfield role.

However after 15 minutes they lost Paul Jones with a bad nose injury and 15 minutes later lost the influential Nicky Spooner with a calf problem. Two lots of reshaping didn't help, but it was still Hyde creating all the chances with Foster and Lee Evans both going close

The pitch was difficult and suited a long ball game and certainly Hyde deserved their half time lead. It should have been more and there were made to pay for the missed chances when Matty McGinn headed in an equalizer on 60 minutes past an unsighted Dave Fish.

The defence then stood firm with Carlo Sertori and Jason Lydiate both having great games and Fish behind them handling superbly and making many good saves as Runcorn increased the pressure. However it was still Hyde who came the closest with a Sertori free kick drifting inches wide.

Played at Valerie Park, Prescot

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.