An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 10th March 2018
Northern Premier League First Division North

Droylsden1Kpohomouh (10)
Hyde United3Jones (52), Leonard (71, 81)

Attendance: 327

Droylsden: Branagan, Rouse, Holden, Frost, Kpohomouh, Ventre, Daly, Dylan Smith, Gonzales, Dominic Smith, Caddick. Subs: Barber, Hall, Phillips, Bagshaw, Shaw.

Hyde United: Peter Crook, Kyle Harrison, Kyle Brownhill, Ross Daly, Tyrone Gay, Paddy Miller, James Burke (Phattaraphol 'Big' Khamsuk), Janni Lipka, Adam Gilchrist (Dominic Marie), Max Leonard, Luke Porritt (Karl Jones). Subs not used: Harry Coates, David Brown.

The game was touch and go following heavy overnight rain so we were pleased when the officials gave it the green light. Neither side wanted a further fixture in an already congested end of season program.

Droylsden started the brighter and took the lead through their No5 hitting a beautifully executed volley from a corner in the 8th minute. 1-0 Droylsden

Hyde struggled with the surface, and Droylsden really should have scored a couple more with their No10 running through the middle twice in a 5 minute spell but choosing not to pull the trigger.

Hyde started to get into the game and had a penalty shout waved away when Luke Porritt looked to have been moved out the way as he ran into the box, followed almost immediately with a stone wall penalty with the keeper bringing down Ross Daly, only for the referee to decide from 30 yards away that Ross had dived, producing a yellow card.

Karl Jones replaced Luke Porritt who was injured in the unsuccessful penalty appeal.


Hyde came out in the second half with a much tighter defence and a control of the play which was missing in the opening 45 minutes. They slowed the play, pressured Droylsden higher up the pitch, and enjoyed long periods of possession.

The pitch was cutting up and all players were struggling to keep their feet, but Hyde looked sharp and were rewarded with a goal when Karl Jones ran onto a Max Leonard pass, controlling smartly and firing home with his left peg. 1-1

It was pretty much all Hyde now, although Droylsden enjoyed some successs down the left after James Burke was replaced by Big Khamsuk, and two fantastic crosses from the left raced across the face of the Hyde goal with no-one from Droylsden in the box.

On 72 minutes Hyde took the lead when Max Leonard, working hard in the No10 position picked up the ball and found the back of the nett when his 25 yard effort took a wicked deflection past the Droylsden keeper. 1 - 2 HYDE UNITED FC

The tigers put the game to bed on 85 minutes when Big Khamsuk ran onto a Ross Daley pass before playing a delicious reverse pass for Max Leonard to run on to and expertly finish, lifting the ball over the advancing Droylsden keeper from 12 yards out.


First things first. Our fans were simply magnificent today. They were large in number and loud in voice from start to finish. We have an amazing club

Another tough fixture ticked off and with 12 games remaining, Hyde United FC moved to the top of the league above South Shields, who's game at Radcliffe Borough was rained off, and they also opened up a four point lead over Scarborough Athletic who lost at home 3-2 to a strong Bamber Bridge side who kept their automatic promotion hopes alive.

The Tigers are away to Ossett Albion on Tuesday before they face a crunch home tie against title chasing Bamber Bridge.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.