An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 4th April 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United0

Attendance: 279

Marine: Clarke, Scott, Randles, Bainbridge, Schofield, Gautrey, Rigoglioso, Gamble, Price, Thompson, Baines. Subs: Robinson for Rigoglioso, Fearns, Morgan.

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, John Foster, Paul Robertson, Gus Wilson, Ally Pickering, Peter Band, Lloyd Richardson, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Jody Banim, Karl Marginson (Willie Griffiths). Subs not used: Steve Tobin, Gavin Salmon.

The Tigers gave a display that has been typical of their recent form here at the newly refurbished Rossett Park, dominating the game but failing to take all three points. It took Hyde just two minutes to register their first shot on target, Jody Banim's shot was blocked and Karl Marginson picked up the loose ball but drove it straight at Marine goalkeeper Chris Clarke. Jon Gautrey then went close for the Mariners, shooting from the edge of the box but failing to trouble Graham Bennett as the shot went wide. Pickering made a strong run down the right and into the penalty area before crossing for Yeo but his shot flashed past the post and wide. Gary Scott had Marine's best chance of the game in the 22nd minute, Bennett blocked his effort after the defender found himself one on one with the Hyde goalie. Two minutes later and it was Peter Band who tested Clarke, firing a shot to the near post after Banim had played him in but the 'keeper made a good save. Banim picked the ball up on the left touchline just inside the Marine half on 31 minutes, his mazy dribble took him past 3 or 4 defenders but his shot struck the post with Clarke beaten. The second half saw Pickering go close with a free kick before Thompson broke clearfor Marine, he chose to lob Bennett from distance but the ball cleared the crossbar. The Tigers were now starting to create real chances, Robertson's 20 yard free kick just inches wide of the post and on 71 minutes Banim's cross from the right found Yeo unmarked ten yards out but Clarke produced an excellent stop to deny his header. Pickering's free kick was headed over the top by unmarked Richardson as time was running out and with just three minutes remaining Pickerings cross was taken off the toes of Yeo by Mark Schofield when the striker looked odds on to score.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.