An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 1st April 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United1Yeo (8)
Bishop Auckland1Bayles (2)

Attendance: 367

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, John Foster, Paul Robertson, Gus Wilson, Ally Pickering, Peter Band, Martin McDonald, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo (Steve Tobin), Jody Banim, Stuart Walker (Gavin Salmon). Subs not used: Lloyd Richardson.

Bishop Auckland: Jones, Nelson, Dunn, Smith, Salmon, Downey, Milroy, Bayles, Shaw, Brunskill, Naylor. Subs: Hutt, Croft for Milroy, Roulston.

Both Sides served up an excellent first 45 minutes at Ewen Fields playing good football and creating lots of chances, unfortunately the second half was the complete opposite. The Bishops gave warning of their intentions inside the first minute, Danny Brunskill firing across the goalmouth and wide. On 2 minutes however, Bishops' captain David Bayles let fly with a 25 yard shot which flew past Graham Bennett and into the bottom corner to give the visitors a shock lead. Michael Nelson had a great chance to double the lead almost immediately when he headed just over the top following a corner on the right. Hyde equalised with their first chance of the game, after Stuart Walker and Jody Banim broke clear it was Simon Yeo who made an attacking run and calmly fired past Steven Jones. Hyde then lost Walker with a dislocated finger sustained when he landed awkwardly trying to Connect with Yeo's cross from the right. Brunskill had a great chance to put Bishop Auckland ahead once again but Bennett made an excellent block with his legs after the forward had found space inside the penalty area.Hyde took control of the game for the last twenty minutes of the half and only a mixture of bad luck and poor finishing prevented them from scoring. Peter Band headed over from Robertson's free kick and in the 34th minute Martin McDonald's low drive was denied by an excellent one-handed save by Jones. In a frantic ten seconds both Gavin Salmon and Peter Band had goalbound efforts blocked as the Tigers threw everything at the Durhamside. Steve Jones again produced a good save this time to stop Yeo's shot although Band should have scored from the rebound but got a poor connection with his header. In the dying seconds of the half a shot from Banim rattled the crossbar and went over. The second period was played at a much slower pace with chances few and far between and the ended fairly as a draw.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.