An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 15th January 2000
F.A. Trophy 3rd Round

Hednesford Town1Davis (88)
Hyde United1Taylor (90)

Attendance: 710

Hednesford Town: Stewart, Evans, Reece, Comyn, Brindley, Robinson, Rhodes, Kelly, Davis, Goodwin, Kimmins. Subs: O'Connor, Connor, Hunter.

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, Gus Wilson, John Foster, Brendan Aspinall (Darren Esdaille), Paul Taylor, Peter Band, Steve Tobin, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo (Jody Banim), Rob Hulse, Paul Robertson. Subs not used: Darren McConnell.

The Tigers, playing for the first time at The Pitmen's new Keys Park ground started well and almost scored on 15 minutes, Rob Hulse heading down a corner but a defender cleared off the goal line. Hulse the burst away from his marker but Hednesford keeper Billy Stewart raced out to intercept. Next it was Simon Yeo who got away, he went down the right, cut inside and fired in a low shot which Stewart parried round his near post. Hednesford were restricted to long range attempts although ex-Tiger Ged Kimmins and fellow striker Davies were looking the liveliest of the Town players. Peter Band was the next Hyde player to go close, his eighteen yard effort was deflected just past the post. The best chance of the first half was arguably a long diagonal ball played by Robertson which was met with a diving header from Hulse but he was unable to hit the target. Hednesford upped the pace early on in the second half, Kimmins deflected shot looped up and fortunately into Bennetts arms when it could have gone anywhere. Kimmins then gave the Hyde fans a glimpse of the old days when he lost his marker on the halfway line, ran with the ball and unleashed a powerful 25 yard shot which Bennett could only watch as it crashed against the crossbar. Rhodes then went close for the conference side with a shot from the edge of the area which concerned Bennett before fizzing wide. Brendan Aspinall rose to head a Tobin corner but Billy Stewart was able to make an easy catch. A corner at the other end saw Chris Brindley connect with his head but Bennett was content as the ball came straight at him. Paul Taylor made an excellent saving tackle as Davies broke free on the edge of the penalty area. A through pass by Banim set Hulse away but he failed to hit the target with just Stewart to beat. Paul Robertson was the next player to test Stewart with a powerful shot from twenty yards but the goalkeeper collected on his line. Robertson got away down the left, squared for Tobin who stepped over and Hulse smashed his shot over from the edge of the box. A mistake at the back by Foster led to Goodman advancing down the right, his cross was dangerous but Gus Wilson managed to force the ball behind. Hednesford took the lead on 88 minutes, a cross from the right was clinically headed past Bennett by Neil Davies and it seemed as though the Tigers were heading back home with nothing to show for their gritty performance. Hyde battled back well in the closing few minutes and were rewarded when Paul Taylor controlled a Robertson cross on 91 minutes and slammed a right foot shot past Stewart and in off the post to give The Tigers a well deserved replay.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.