An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 3rd December 2016
Northern Premier League First Division North

Lancaster City1Carney (78)
Hyde United0

Attendance: 203

Lancaster City: Hale, Wills, Sumner, Akrigg, Westwood, Mercer, Gregory, Carney, Mayers, Waters, Winder. Subs: Clark, Crolla, Henry, Hudson, Raybould.

Hyde United: Russell Saunders, Kyle Harrison, James Burke (Jamal Branker), Harry Coates, Adam M Jones, Sam Heathcote, Daniel Pilkington, Janni Lipka, Andy Bishop, Matthew Dempsey (Ayrton Bevins), Phattaraphol 'Big' Khamsuk (Pete Boyle). Subs not used: Lewis Haydock, Ryan Ellison.

Lancaster City enhanced their promotion credentials today as they got past Hyde United, in what was a scrappy game. Craig Carney scored the only goal of the game, getting the ball in the box unmarked and firing at goal with the help of a Hyde defender on the way in.

The home side had a promising start to the game with Simon Wills latching onto the end of a good ball from Gregory, only for his shot to be go straight at the keeper four minutes in.

In spite of the good start, Phil Brown’s side were really there for the taking as the looked weak at the back.

It was Hyde United who had the majority of the chances in the first half but they didn’t take them.

The away side had a very good chance in the 21st minute, and it should’ve gone in. Big Khamsuk pounced on Westwood’s defensive mistake, and his pass beat the keeper but Bishop’s shot was prevented by a vital stop from Wills.

Hyde came close again in the 30th minute with some good attacking play. Dan Pilkington had an impressive volley but it went just wide, with City looking shaky at the back.

Lancaster’s best chance of the first half came in the 36th minute when Ryan Winder headed onto the top netting, after a good ball in from the right. Ricky Mercer had a free header from a corner shortly afterwards, but his attempt went just wide.

To be brutally honest, it was a poor first half in all fairness- and the scoreline certainly reflected this:

0-0 at half time

Hyde’s only chance of the second half came in the 55th minute when Andy Bishop’s volley forced Mike Hale into a good diving save to his left.

Lancaster really upped their game in the second half, and took control of it. They looked stronger at the back, and Hyde paid the price for their missed chances in the first half.

Ryan Winder hit the ball just over the bar in the 67th minute following some good work on the left-hand side by Adam Sumner, and then ten minutes later Phil Brown’s men were in front. Substitute Oliver Crolla did very well on the left flank to get past his man and he played an immaculate ball to Craig Carney in plenty of space whose shot beat the keeper with the help of a deflection off a Hyde defender.

Carney could’ve put the game to bed in the 86th minute, with some good ball control but his attempt went just wide.

There were moments of nervousness towards the end as Hyde looked for an equaliser, but they didn’t really get past the back line and Lancaster deserved the win in the end.


This was the toughest fixture for Hyde during December, but they really should have come away with a point, and if the forwards had turned up int find their scoring boots, there were enough chances in the first half to have been out of site before Lancaster decided to turn up for the game.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.