An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 29th August 2016
Northern Premier League First Division North

Glossop North End1Reed (68)
Hyde United0

Attendance: 590

Glossop North End: Cooper, Healey, Richardson, Woodford, Parker, Summerskill, Mulholland, Reed, Norton, Leonard, Jones. Substitutes: Hare, Ali, Ilesanmi, Rainford, Todd.

Hyde United: Dylan Forth, Ryan Ellison, Kyle Brownhill, James Burke (Curtly Martin-Wyatt), Adam M Jones, David McGurk, James Cadman (Sam Fitton), Andrew Pearson, Ayrton Bevins (Pete Boyle), Chris Amadi, Phil Dean. Subs not used: Brice Wassi, Phattaraphol 'Big' Khamsuk.

Hyde were coming in to this game on the back of a 4-0 home win against Goole on Saturday, but had to expect a reaction from a Chris Wilcox side who were on the wrong end of a 3-0 defeat away to Lancaster.

Hyde set up in a 5-3-2 which conceded the ball to Glossop and allowed them to dictate the play for the opening 30 minutes. Without pressure on the ball at the back, they were able to pick out the 50 yard pass to Number 11 Jones on the left who was lively at the start, or play forward to Norton who was well marshalled by Adam Jones, but the ball fell to often to the Glossop 10 who was in space and able to pull the strings. When Hyde did get the ball and played forward, it was failing to stick with either Amadi or Bevins, who were to far away from their own midfield, and Hyde found it coming straight back at them.

On 30 minutes Glossop scored a headed goal from a set piece free kick, which was disallowed for a foul on the Hyde keeper, and 2 minutes later forced a smart save from Forth in the Hyde goals saving with his legs from the Glossop number 11. Two minutes later Hyde made the decision, during a stoppage in play, to changed formation to a 4-4-2 pushing Burke alongside Pearson in midfield, and allowing the two wide men to stay high and wide, cutting out the ball from the Glossop fullbacks.

This allowed Hyde to get their midfield up the pitch and their forwards started to get some joy with three or four half chances created before the break.

HT 0-0

The second half had a more positive Hyde, looking to play forward, and retain the ball, although a competitive Glossop side were not going to just allow this to happen, snapping around in midfield and challenging for everything. The opening 20 minutes of the second half was played in the middle third and neither side carved out a clear chance, although Hyde were getting some joy down the left flank with Brownhill and Dean getting past the Glossop fullback on three or four occasions, but failing to get a shot off. In the 72nd minutes Amadi picked up the ball on the left and cut inside, staying up as he was pulled back and getting off a fierce goal bound shot which appeared to strike the defenders arm which was raised above his head. The referee waived away the appeal, and Glossop quickly moved the ball down the other end of the field, forcing a defensive header from Jones which went out for a throw in the left back position. Hyde were still arguing about the penalty as the throw was taken, which allowed the number 10 to beat Brownhill and fire in a low cross which was hit behind by the Glossop forward, but given as a corner by the referee. The resulting ball into the box was pocked home at the near post. 1-0 Glossop

Hyde made changes with Fitton replacing Cadman, Martin-Wyatt replacing Burke. A number of half chances, a good snap shot from Brownhill on 85 minutes and a good run and cross by Phil Dean which was met with power by Martin-Wyatt but the ball flew just outside the post. Hyde made their final late sub with Pete Boyle coming on for Bevins

The four minutes of injury time were frantic, but without any clear opportunity, and Glossop stayed strong to secure the win and three points.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.