An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 24th March 2001
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United4Band (31, 51, 53), Grant (89)
Spennymoor United0

Attendance: 256

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, Lloyd Richardson (Steve Tobin), Paul Robertson, Mark Beeston, Steve Rimmer, Peter Band (Gavin Salmon), Matty Taylor, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo (Carl Laurie), John Grant, Neil Critchley

Spennymoor United: Stuart Dawson, Leigh Grant, Matthew Cooke, Andrew Swalwell, Jeremy Pratt, Craig Veart, Kevin Bromley, Jon King, Liam McDermott, Neal Jackson, James Bridge. Subs: Martin Mulcaster, Chris Leonard, Richard Paxton

A good second half performance saw Hyde beat basement side Spennymoor comfortably after an uninspired first 45 minutes. Spennymoor, who are now virtually condemned to relegation, failed to register a single effort on goal as Hyde called all the shots going forward. In the first minute John Grant pulled a shot across goal for the Tigers as the home side looked to put right a run of five straight defeats. A Paul Robertson corner was headed over by Steve Rimmer who also forced Moors goalkeeper Stuart Dawson into action shortly after with a looping header. Hyde went ahead on 31 minutes when Peter Band was on hand to head home a Paul Robertson cross from the left. John Grant had another chance just before the break when poor defending allowed him to get into the box but his effort was blocked at the last moment. After the break it was loan man Grant again that was causing the danger, this time with a low cross for Simon Yeo but the striker missed the target from six yards out. Hyde went two ahead on 51 minutes when a Neil Critchley cross was walloped into the net by Peter Band from twelve yards. Two minutes later Peter Band had his hat-trick, this time stooping to head home a Matty Taylor cross. Neil Critchley went close for Hyde with a delicate chip that cleared the crossbar before Spennymoor had long spells of possession without carving out any chances. It was left to John Grant to finish off the afternoon, firstly stinging Dawson's hands with a thunderous shot and then latching onto Gavin Salmon's last minute pass before cutting insideand drilling past Dawson for the fourth.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.