An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 19th February 2001
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United4Charles (23, 39), Yeo (50), Banim (67)
Barrow4Jenkinson (4), Doherty (21), Peverell (77, 78)

Attendance: 343

Hyde United: Kurt Edgington, Matty Taylor, Paul Robertson, Mark Beeston, Steve Rimmer, Peter Band, Phil Trainer, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Jody Banim, Anthony Charles. Subs not used: Micky Beirne, Steve Tobin, Lloyd Richardson.

Barrow: Simon Bishop, Steve Housham, Scott Maxfield, Lee Warren, Tony Hall, Graham Anthony, Darren Roberts, Lee Jenkinson, Nicky Peverell, Wayne Bullimore, Neil Doherty. Subs: Steve Gill, Andy Hill, Mike McKechnie

Barrow were unlucky not to go ahead on 3 minutes, Darren Roberts forced a great save from Kurt Edgington but from the resulting corner, a minute later they were in front. The ball was swung in to the back post where Lee Jenkinson headed past Edgington from ten yards. Hyde had 5 or 6 corners in the next ten minutes but couldn't find a way through the Barrow defence. On 16 minutes, Edgington came to Hyde's rescue again after a cross field ball went over Anthony Charles and into the path of Roberts whose shot was well saved by the Hyde goalkeeper. On 21 minutes it was 2-0. Neil Doherty collected the ball on the halfway line, made a little run and then crashed a 40 yard shot in off the post for the goal of the night. Hyde came back immediately and on 23 minutes a Paul Robertson corner was headed home by Anthony Charles, his first goal for the club. On 29 minutes Charles' Crewe team mate Phil Trainer went close for Hyde with a dipping shot from 25 yards which flew just over the top with Simon Bishop beaten. A minute later Peter Band flicked the ball on for Simon Yeo who darted down the left before pulling his shot across the face of the goal and wide. The Tigers equalised on 35 minutes, Steve Rimmer calmly picked out Anthony Charles on the left and he rifled a diagonal shot across Bishop and into the far corner from the edge of the penalty area. Five minutes after half time Hyde were in front, Matty Taylor played in Simon Yeo who drilled a shot past Bishop and into the bottom right corner from 25 yards. On 67 minutes it was 4-2 when Tony Hall lost possession under pressure from Band and Robertson, Jody Banim nipped inand shot under Bishop's despairing dive to seal a magnificent comeback for Hyde, unfortunately they didn't know what was in store at that point. Barrow pulled one back on 77 minutes when a mix up between Rimmer and Edgington allowed Nicky Peverill to steal in and lob the ball over Edgington with ease. A minute later it was all square again when a quick free kick allowed the ever impressive Wayne Bullimore to get inside the box where when pulled back for Peverill to tap home from six yards. In the end Hyde were hanging on a bit as Barrow had all the impetus in the last ten minutes, this in a game Hyde could have won 2 or 3 times over if only they were more clinical in front of goal.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.