An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 7th March 2015
Conference North

Hyde FC0

Attendance: 381

Hyde FC: Ed Wilczynski, George Riley, Kyle Brownhill, Josh Brizell, Perry Ng, Lee Gregory (Erike Sousa), Luke Giverin, Andrew Pearson, Pete Boyle, Ben Holmes, Connor Hughes. Subs not used: Jack Pritchard, Josh Broadbent, Ryan Masterson, George West.

Guiseley: Drench, Toulson, Lowe, Hall (N Boshell), Ellis, Lawlor, Brooksby, D Boshell, Boyes, Holdsworth, L Dickinson (Johnson). Subs Not Used: Hendrie, Harrison, S Dickinson

Hydeís three game unbeaten run was extended today when they were held 0-0 at home to play-off chasers Guiseley.
Tigers held by the Lions
The visitors had the first chance of the game when on the quarter hour mark some good intricate passing out on the right ended up with Adam Boyes having a shot from the edge of the box, unfortunately for the striker. His shot whistled past the post.
The striker then should have given visitors the lead in the twenty-second minute. He turned Perry NG inside the area before unleashing a tame effort that was picked up by Wilczynski easily.
Boyes and Liam Dickinson both them had free headers in the first half saved by Ed Wilczynski, whereas at the other end Perry NG tested Steve Drench from 35 yards.
Lee Gregory should have put the Tigers ahead early in the second half. After some great play down the left hand side, Connor Hughes escaped his marker inside the box and picked out Lee Gregory who was unmarked at the back post.
However, unfortunately for the youngster his header was straight at Steve Drench. Danny Boshellís free kick came closest for the visitors as his free kick went agonizingly close.
Hyde did have the ball in the back of the net in the eighty-second minute. Luke Giverin, who is still looking for his first Tigers goal, was denied from the edge of the box. Drench then parried Giverinís shot straight at Hughes who tapped in from close range, but the winger was offside.
The visitors then almost grabbed the winner with six minutes of time remaining. Nicky Boshell played the ball out wide for Alex Johnson on the right, he looked to pick out Boshell who carried on his run. Unfortunately, for the substitute it was too far inferno of him.
Then in the last minute, two brilliant saves from Steve Drench kept the score at 0-0. Erike Sousa raced past his man down the right; he cut inside from the by-line and rifled the ball at the near post, which Drench pushed behind for a corner kick. Then from the resulting corner, Pearsonís shot cannoned back off the crossbar, back to the midfielder when his second header was saved on the line by Drench.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.