An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 2nd March 2015
Conference North

Hyde FC1Masterson (88)
Solihull Moors0

Attendance: 242

Hyde FC: Ed Wilczynski, George Riley, Kyle Brownhill, Josh Brizell, Perry Ng, Luke Giverin, Lee Gregory (Erike Sousa), Andrew Pearson (Ryan Masterson), Pete Boyle, Ben Holmes, Connor Hughes. Subs not used: Josh Broadbent, Jack Pritchard, Sam Fitton.

Solihull Moors: Tony Breeden, Michael Nottingham, Jordan Gough, Jay Denny, Liam Daly, Rob Elvins, Reece Fleet, Stefan Moore (Darryl Knights), Omar Bogle, Ryan Beswick, Darren Byfield (Emmitt Delfouneso). Subs not used: Owen Story, Jean-Michel Gueyes, Jo Ballinger.

After their 3-3 draw away at Gainsborough on the weekend, the Tigers were hoping to make it three games undefeated when they hosted Solihull Moors.

The visitors went close in the seventh minute when midfielder Reece Fleet tried his luck from distance, but his shot whistled over Wilcynski’s bar.
Hyde’s first real chance came from Captain Josh Brizell, when Tony Breedon gathered his free kick from 30 yards at the second attempt.
Luke Giverin then picked up a loose pass twenty yards from goal and looked to chip it over Breeden who was off his line, but the midfielder got it all wrong as his effort went straight over the bar.
Connor Hughes who was a constant threat on the weekend down the left was again causing problems for the Moors defence. He raced down the left wing past Michael Nottingham into the area, and just as he was about to pull the trigger, Nottingham with a last ditch tackle cleared the danger.
Solihull who seemed to have parked the bus for a majority of the first half created a goal scoring chance for Omar Bogle, but Wilcynski smothered his near post effort round the post.
Andy Pearson nearly gave the Tigers the lead in the twenty-fifth minute when he ran on to a loose ball on the edge of the box and rifled it towards goal. Breedon got his body behind the ball and pushed it straight back to Pearson, and at the second attempt he looked to bend it into the far corner, but was deflected wide for a corner kick.
With ten minutes of the first half remaining, the Tigers looked like the only team who wanted to win the game and if it was not for some great defending from the Solihull centre backs, Peter Boyle would have headed in Hughes cross for the left, but it was cleared away just before he could connect with the ball.
Solihull were camped inside their own half for the last five minutes of the first half leaving Bogle on the halfway line to try and counter against Hyde throwing too many players forward. In the forty-fifth minute the Moors defence straight to Bogle cleared the ball. He looked up, saw Ed Wilcynski off his line, and went for an audacious attempt from the half way line, but his effort went wide of the post.
Five minutes after the restart and Solihull found themselves down to ten men when centre back Liam Daly was shown a straight red for a late tackle on Connor Hughes.
The visitors, who had ten men behind the ball for a majority of the first half, now had every man back behind the ball, as Hyde controlled the rest of the game.
With still a large proportion of the game still to play, it was a question of when and how the Tigers would break down the visitors and take the lead. Long-range efforts from Pearson and Holmes both went close, but still no clear-cut opportunities for the Tigers.
Erike Sousa who changed the game on the weekend was introduced to offer something different on the right hand side and immediately made a difference.
He collected the ball inside his own half, span around Gough leaving him for dead on the halfway line, as he entered the area he was closed down by a flurry of Solihull defenders, he got his cross away setting up Giverin. However, Giverin’s shot was saved at the near post.
With three minutes, remaining Gary Lowe sent on youngster Ryan Masterson to try and grab the winner Hyde deserved, and within a minute, he volleyed home from close range.
Hyde won a corner on the left side of the pitch. Giverin whipped in a delightful ball, straight to the boot of Masterson, who from five yards could not miss, as he rifled into the back of the net.
Running off celebrating in front of the shed end with all of the team rushing to congratulate him. Hyde should have made it 2-0 in the final minute of stoppage time.
Connor Hughes raced past his man down the left, he had Masterson and Sousa both free in the middle, but the winger decided to go alone. Putting his shot straight at Breeden, who tried to get the ball forward as quickly as he could, but thru referee blew for full time.
A fantastic win for the Tigers, who host playoff contenders Guiseley on Saturday.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.