An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 28th February 2015
Conference North

Gainsborough Trinity3Beesley (7, 39), Forrest (89)
Hyde FC3Boyle (44, 75), Holmes (64)

Attendance: 369

Gainsborough Trinity: N Watson, Byrne, Roma, Quinn, Lacey, Russell, Toner, Davis (Davie), Yates (Forrest), Stamp (H Watson), Beesley. Subs Not Used: Binns, Picton.

Hyde FC: Ed Wilczynski, George Riley, Kyle Brownhill, Josh Brizell, Perry Ng, Lee Gregory (Erike Sousa), Luke Giverin, Andrew Pearson, Pete Boyle (Ryan Masterson), Ben Holmes, Connor Hughes. Subs not used: Josh Broadbent, Jack Pritchard, James Burke.

A late goal shattered Tigers hearts as they only left The Northolme with a point.
Gainsborough Trinty 3-3 Hyde

Hyde almost got off to the perfect start when in the sixth minute, Hyde won a free kick thirty yards from goal when Luke Giverin was brought down.
Captain Josh Brizell tried his luck from distance and with the ball moving in the air it almost got the better of keeper Rory Watson, but he somehow managed to push the ball wide for a corner kick.
After the bright start the Tigers lost possession of the ball in the middle of the pitch, and a great through ball evaded Josh Brizell, Paul Beesley hit a fierce strike across goal past the diving Ed Wilczynski into the far corner.

The Tigers nearly went another goal down in the fifteenth minute when a dangerous corner was headed goal wards by Jamie Yates, only to be cleared off line by full back Kyle Brownhill. Then a minute later and the hosts really should have two goals to the good. Ciaran Toner played a delightful ball through the middle of the pitch into the feet of Beesley, he then played the ball back to Darryn Stamp who from the edge of the area, put the ball over the bar.

After the early scare the Tigers had the perfect opportunity to level the game when Pete Boyle was brought down in the area, up stepped Josh Brizell. Unfortunately for Josh, his penalty was saved by Rory Watson down to the keeper's left.

With just over fifteen minutes of the first half remaining, Gainsborough looked comfortable in possession until Connor Hughes decided to close down Dominic Roma, he dispossessed the Gainsborough Captain and raced towards goal. As he entered the box he had the option to play in Boyle to his right but decided to go alone, but could not get enough power behind his strike at goal.

Those two chances came back to haunt the Tigers as they should have been on level terms, but failed to take their chances, and with seven minutes to go the hosts went into a two goal lead.
The hosts who where a constant threat from corners due to their aerial threat and grabbed the all important second goal they needed when Beesley rifled in the loose ball after the Hyde defence failed to clear.

Ed Wilczyski then denied the hosts a killer third just before the halftime whistle as he saved from point blank range from Hamish Watson who replaced the injured Darryn Stamp only moments earlier.

Hyde then pulled a goal back on the stroke of halftime when Kyle Brownhill played a delightful ball down the left hand side for Connor Hughes to chase, he somehow managed to keep the ball in play and drilled the ball across goal to an unmarked Pete Boyle who on the turn rifled into the net.

After the break, Gainsborough continued to cause problems from corners and after some great defending from the Tigers they still kept the deficit to only a goal. Then close to the hour mark Hyde should have made it 2-2.

Connor Hughes once again down the left hand side crossed the ball into the box, Boyle ran over the ball hoping that Giverin was going to rifle the ball into the back of the net, but unfortunately for Boyle, Giverin was not as close to the ball as he thought.

Hyde did eventually draw level and when they did, it was well worth the wait when in the sixty-fifth minute a twenty-five yard thunderbolt from Ben Holmes rocketed into the top corner.

However Hyde did not settle for just a point, they dug in deep and managed to stay level for a while and after the introduction of Erike Sousa who offered something different on the other wing almost gave the Tigers the lead, however he will not be too down as his saved shot resulted in a Hyde goal.

Sousa skipped past his man into the area, he got his shot away on his left foot but Watson was equal to his effort, however he could only parry to Boyle who was ready to pounce and get his second of the game with fifteen minutes remaining.

With under ten minutes of time remaining Connor Hughes almost made it four, for the Tigers, but his shot was saved by Watson. Gainsborough threw everything they had at the Tigers, and must of thought it was going to be one of those days after Josh Brizell cleared the ball off the line, not once, but twice in quick succession.

However, it was not to be for the Tigers as the hosts leveled the game in the eighty-ninth minute. The ball was played into the box, Danny Forrest attempted to take it first time, which worked in his favour as the Hyde defence attempted to block it, but the striker missed his kick and got another chance which he smashed into the back of the net.

The drama was not over, as in the final minute of stoppage time, Hyde should have had a penalty. Hyde countered down the right side, the ball was played into Ryan Masterson who was brought down, but the referee said that it was not enough for a penalty.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.