An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 21st February 2015
Conference North

Hyde FC1Pearson (40)
AFC Fylde1Wilson (1)

Attendance: 368

Hyde FC: Ed Wilczynski, George Riley, Kyle Brownhill (Jack Pritchard), Josh Brizell, Perry Ng, James Burke (Lee Gregory), Luke Giverin, Andrew Pearson, Pete Boyle (Ryan Masterson), Ben Holmes, Connor Hughes. Subs not used: Josh Broadbent, Erike Sousa.

AFC Fylde: Hinchliffe, Hughes, Sumner, Langley, Denson, B. Barnes (C), Hamilton (Tomsett), Wilson, Rowe (Allen), M. Barnes, Lloyd (Charles). Subs not used: Booth, Blinkhorn.

The visitors started the game perfectly; taking the lead after just 58 seconds through Josh Wilson who picked up the ball just inside Hyde’s half and strolled forward before hitting a superb effort that pinged into the top corner, leaving Ed Wilczynski with no chance. Luke Giverin then had his own 30 yarder saved after a deflection almost helped it in past Ben Hinchliffe but the keeper tipped over brilliantly.

The Tigers were working hard and it looked like Pete Boyle was clean through on goal before being fouled by Josh Langley but the referee adjudged it to be a shoulder charge. Wilson then nearly repeated his heroics picking the ball out from around 25 yards this time before hitting his shot against the post with Hyde breathing a sigh of relief.

Hyde then were on the front foot, with chances from both Josh Brizell and Ben Holmes going straight to Hinchliffe who parried it away when he could have done better. Connor Hughes then had an effort saved by Hinchliffe before the Tigers did take advantage of their pressure and grabbed an equaliser. Andy Pearson was given the goal but in all fairness it could have been off a number of players as a corner was swung in and knocked into the Fylde goal. Just moments later the Coasters went down to 10 men when their captain Bradley Barnes was sent off for a poor challenge on Hughes that looked as bad as it sounded.

The second half started with much of the same with Hyde testing Hinchliffe through Holmes but despite Fylde’s numerical disadvantage the away side continued to create chances, going close through Wilson who should have done better with a free header, nodding wide. Perry Ng went on one of his now trademark marauding runs cutting past four or five Fylde players before forcing another good save out of Hinchliffe.

The visitors then went down to nine men when Josh Langley, who had taken the captains armband from Barnes when he was sent off, got a red card of his own after a second yellow card after also taking out Connor Hughes. The Tigers could then smell blood and had the lion’s share of possession as you’d expect from an 11 men side against nine and could have won the game on numerous occasions as they pushed further and further forward.

Brizell had a stupendous effort from around 40 yards out crash back off the post in which Hinchliffe was stranded. Then Luke Giverin had two chances, first with a deflected effort that nearly went in before his shot was again expertly saved by Hinchliffe. Again despite being two men short, Fylde still were trying to press and grab a goal themselves but neither side could score and the spoils were shared in a thoroughly entertaining match.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.