An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 24th January 2015
Conference North

Hyde FC2Racchi (11), Bentham (85)
Gloucester City4Kabba (2, 52), White (45), Jones (65 pen)

Attendance: 395

Hyde FC: Ashley Timms, Josh Brizell, Kyle Brownhill, Kelvin Lomax, Danny Hall, Daniel Racchi, Andreas Pachipis (Lee Gregory), Andrew Pearson, Luke Giverin, Ryan Masterson (Tom Bentham), Connor Hughes. Subs not used: George Riley, Erike Sousa, George West.

Gloucester City: White, Green, Jones, Harris, Avery, Knowles, Orenuga (Griffin) Webb, H White (James), Kabba (Connolly) Hall. Subs Not used: Richards, Diop.

It was the battle of 'The Tigers' at Ewen Fields this afternoon, but ultimately it was the away side, Gloucester City, who ran out 4-2 winners over Hyde following a clinical display.

Gloucester scored at the start and end of the first-half, Danny Racchi's goal in-between gave Hyde some hope but they were unable to build on it. The home side dominated the possession for large parts of the game, but it was Gloucester who demonstrated their finishing prowess and went on to double the score-line.

Gloucester opened the scoring with the first shot of the game, Sahr Kabba latched onto a long ball, he outpaced Kelvin Lomax and broke into the box before he slotted it past Ashley Timms, with a minute barely on the clock.

Things nearly went bad from worse for Hyde as Billy Jones smacked the post from a free kick that had Timms rooted. The ball curled perfectly round the wall but smacked the base of the upright before it dribbled across the goal-line and out for a Hyde goal-kick.

Hyde's first chance came on eight minutes as Connor Hughes was played in, goal-keeper Pail White came out well and blocked it, the rebound fell to Luke Giverin but White gathered the ball again.

Hyde levelled the scores Just after the eleventh-minute mark. Hughes beat his man with a neat touch, he then sprinted into the box and drilled in a cross, Giverin somehow failed to connect. Danny Racchi was there to save Giverin's blushes, Racchi controlled well before he buried the ball into the bottom corner calmly.

Hyde had their chances to take the lead, Hughes broke through again, this time he fired it straight at White, he parried it back to Hughes, who smashed it back at goal, White just tipped it wide of the post for a corner.

Harry White grabbed the advantage for his side on 45 minutes. The half looked to have petered out but a cross from nowhere was met by White, he rose well and powered a headed into the bottom-left corner.

The second-half continued much in the same way, Hyde having more possession but the away side demonstrating their clinical finishing. It took ten minutes of the second period for the visitors to make it 3-1.

Kabba again latched onto a through ball from the back, the small forward had too much pace for Hyde to handle all game. He raced clear and slotted past Timms one-on-one.

The visitors further extended the lead in the 65th minute when they were awarded a penalty. Orenuga skipped past Kyle Brownhill in the box, who slid in and clumsily brought Orenuga down, Jones stepped up and dispatched the spot-kick with ease.

The home side had the best of the closing stages, with Andy Pearson going close as he sent a shot just wide around the 80 minute mark, before Hyde finally got their second of the game.

Substitute Tom Bentham flicked on a header from the edge of the box at goal, he weighted it perfectly and it left White helpless in the Gloucester goal as it nestled in the bottom left corner.

A dramatic comeback just wasn't to be for Hyde, captain Josh Brizell came close as his shot caused White real problems as he spilled it for a corner, there wasn't time for the corner as Brizell's shot proved to be the last kick of the game.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.