An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 10th January 2015
F.A. Trophy 2nd Round

North Ferriby United2Denton (81), Kendall (90)
Hyde FC0

Attendance: 265

North Ferriby United: Adam Nicklin, Louis Bruce, Josh Wilde (Nathan Peat), Gregg Anderson, Mark Gray, Liam King (Jon D’Laryea), Danny Clarke, Russ Fry, Tom Denton, Ryan Kendall, Jason St Juste. Subs not used: Adam Bolder, Tom Nicholson, Danny Hone.

Hyde FC: Ashley Timms, D'Arcy O'Connor, Josh Brizell, Kelvin Lomax, Danny Hall, Connor Hughes, Daniel Racchi, George Riley (Ryan Masterson), Luke Giverin, Tom Bentham (Tyler Devlin), Louis Almond. Subs not used: Andreas Pachipis, Adam Thurston, Erike Sousa.

Hyde bowed out of the F.A Trophy following a 2-0 defeat at North Ferriby. The Tigers were in the contest until two goals for the home side in the last ten minutes ensured that it was the Yorkshire side who progressed into the next round of the competition.

The game as a spectacle was consistently hampered by a strong wind that both sides struggled to get to grips with. Hyde had their chances in this game, but ultimately the game went the way of the home side.

The opening stages of the game saw Hyde have their best chances of the game. Louis Almond had the game's first shot on two minutes as he dragged an effort just wide.

In the next few minutes, Hyde again came close to opening the scoring. Tom Bentham fired a shot across the face of goal after he did well to beat his man and drive into the box.

Luke Giverin then went close following a corner that fell back to him having just taken it, he swung the ball back in and it was tipped onto the bar by Ferriby goal-keeper Adam Nicklin.

The home-side were themselves unlucky get on the scoresheet in the opening stages. North Ferriby's imposing striker Tom Denton skewed a shot way over from six yards out before, Jason St. Juste then brought a good save out of Ashley Timms, St. Juste was through one-on-one, but Timms saved well.

The half fizzled out somewhat and it was the home side that had the first real opening of the second period. Tom Denton met a corner, his header looked a certainty to find the back of the net but Timms dropped down well and saved smartly again.

Hyde's first chance came as a Connor Hughes cross was poorly cleared, the ball eventually fell to Giverin, he took a touch that perhaps narrowed the angle and he drilled a shot wide of the goal.

Hughes was then played in by Giverin, Hughes outran his man before he burst into the box, but he couldn't beat Nicklin, who put it out for a corner..

The visitors came close on 70 minutes as Liam King nearly scored from a corner. Timms missed it, King got a shot away but Timms got down well and saved, King shot again but Kyle Brownhill threw himself in-front of the follow-up.

With both sides going for the win, it was the home side that took the lead on 81 minutes. Tom Denton flicked the ball on from a free-kick, his glancing header was possibly aided by the wind as it looped over everyone and found the back of the net.

North Ferriby secured their passage to the third round of the F.A Trophy in the 90th minute. Ryan Kendall finished superbly as Ferriby hit Hyde on the counter, Kendall cut in on the right of the box and curled it into the top left-hand corner.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.