An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Thursday 1st January 2015
Conference North

Stalybridge Celtic7Ennis (24, 59 pen, 61), Calvert-Lewin (55), Cadman (83, 89), Osei (86)
Hyde FC1Bentham (7)

Attendance: 670

Stalybridge Celtic: King, Bleau, Heath, Regan, Hughes, Galinski (Wigley), McKenna, Kerr, Calvert-Lewin, Ennis (Osei), Holsgrove (Cadman). Crowley, Martin.

Hyde FC: Connor Hunt, Josh Brizell, Adam Blakeman, Alex McQuade, Rhys Day (Erike Sousa), Luke Giverin, Louis Almond (Ryan Masterson), Andreas Pachipis, Tom Bentham, Ted Cribley, Connor Hughes. Subs not used: George Riley, Pete Boyle, Max Lonsdale.

Hyde were taught a lesson in finishing on Thursday afternoon away at rivals Stalybridge Celtic, as the home side thumped the Tigers 7-1.
Stalybridge Celtic 7-1 Hyde
Hyde who managed to get a point away at Colwyn Bay four days earlier nearly fell behind after six minutes, but left back Adam Blakeman was on the line to deny Matt Regan who tried his luck just inside the area.
From that clearance and Hyde took the lead through Tom Bentham, Luke Giverin was played in down the left wing, he got to the touchline and picked out Tom Bentham who nodded past Lewis King in the Stalybridge goal.
Hyde were looking comfortable on the ball, and Louis Almond tested King in the twelfth minute, after some good play again down the Tigers left. Captain Alex McQuade played a long ball forward to Tom Bentham, who brought it down brilliantly, he played the ball into the path on Almond who cut inside his man with ease and from the edge of the box looked for the bottom corner, but this time King parried the ball wide.
There was not too many clear-cut chances in the opening twenty minutes, and Josh Brizell tried his luck from thirty yards, but unfortunately, for the full back, his left foot shot went well wide of the post.
Then came the first talking point of the game. A Hyde back pass, which was going straight to Connor Hunt in the Hyde net, ricocheted off referee Mr. Sailsbury and out of play, to which the referee awarded a corner kick to the hosts.
After the Tigers only managed to half clear the ball, it was eventually played back into the box and Paul Ennis escaped his man and slotted the ball under Connor Hunt in the Tigers goal.
Hyde looked to take the lead again before half time with Almond trying his luck from distance, but he sent his shot wide of the post, then Stalybridge almost took the lead at the other end of the pitch.
A long ball forward got caught in the wind and evaded all the Hyde defence and fell straight to Ennis, who was one on one with Hunt, he poked the ball round him but Brizell sprinted back to clear off the line and send Hyde into the break all level.
After the restart and Stalybridge took the game to Hyde and took the lead ten minutes after the restart. Another long ball over the top was misjudged by Rhys Day, which allowed Dom Calvert-Lewin to race through one on one with Hunt; unfortunately, for the Tigers he found the far corner.
Two minutes later and Hyde tried to find that equaliser through Connor Hughes as his shot from 25 yards stung the hands of King. Moments later and another controversial call from the referee ended up in a Stalybridge goal.
Connor Hughes raced down the right hand side and was pulled back but referee and linesman didn’t agree, the ball was eventually was played to goalkeeper King, who played a 60 yard pass over the Hyde defence to Calvert-Lewis. He raced towards the box and as he entered the box, it looked like a tangle of legs with Alex McQuade but the referee pointed to the spot and awarded a penalty, booking McQuade in the process.
Up stepped Paul Ennis who sent Hunt the wrong way to get his second of the game. Two minutes later and Ennis got his hat trick, Calvert-Lewin shrugged off his man in the centre of the pitch, and played the ball out wide to McKenna who picked out Ennis on his own at the back post, and volleyed past Hunt who could only stand and watch.
Despite being three goals behind, the Tigers still carved out chances and nearly got back into the game from a corner which nearly ended in an own goal, but luckily for Celtic there was a man on the line to clear. Then Brizell tried an audacious attempt from the halfway line as he noticed King off his line, fortunately for King he switched on and caught the ball just under the bar.
The game looked to have died down with stoppages in play through both teams making changes and with eight minutes to go McQuade’s sloppy pass was picked up by substitute James Cadman who slotted the ball under Hunt to make it 5-1.
Hyde did still manage to create another chance, and Bentham really should have got his second of the game after Erike Sousa picked out the striker and from 4 yards out, he put it wide of the post. The ball then went up the other end of the pitch and Calvert-Lewin out on the left picked out Darius Osei to score his first senior goal from close range with his first touch of the game.
Then with a minute of time remaining Stalybridge made it 7-1. Calvert-Lewin setting up Cadmen who from the edge of the area found the bottom corner.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.