An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 22nd March 2014
Conference Premier

Hyde FC0
Dartford2Wall (57, 80)

Attendance: 358

Hyde FC: Chris Kettings, Josh Brizell, Adam Blakeman, Rhys Day (Kelvin Lomax), Alex McQuade, Liam Tomsett, Jordan Clark, Alex Brown, Adam Thurston (David Poole), Chris Whincop (James Kirby), Connor Hughes. Subs not used: Darren Thornton, Andrew Fitzgerald.

Dartford: Julian, McAuley, Sterling, Mitchell-King, Stevenson, Noble (Collier), Bradbrook, Cornhill, Burns, Harris (Woodyard), Wall. Subs Not Used: Vint, Suarez, Swallow.

Hyde suffered another miserable afternoon at Ewen Fields as an Alex Wall inspired Dartford condemned the Tigers to their 31st league defeat of the season.

By George Corrin

The on-loan Luton striker grabbed two second half goals to prolong the already relegated Hyde FCís wait for their first league win at home this season.

Manager Scott McNiven may feel his team should have been awarded a penalty just before Wallís opening strike, as Connor Hughes looked to have been fouled inside the area but referee Adrian Holmes instead booked the ex-Oldham Athletic winger for diving.

It proved to be a crucial victory for Tony Burmanís side as they now sit just three points away from 20th placed Chester.

Both teams struggled during the open stages of game as the rain-sodden Ewen Fields pitch made it tricky for either side to settle.

Chris Kettings had to be at his best early on, as Wall's stinging low effort had to be pushed wide by the Scotland Under-21 stopper.

Hughes came close for the Tigers shortly after, with the midfielder forcing Alan Julian into an unconventional save from long range.

Controversy reigned around the Tameside ground shortly after the interval, as Hughes looked to have been brought down inside the Dartford area under the challenge of Jim Stevenson. To the surprise of many, referee Adrian Holmes failed to award Hyde a penalty and instead brandished a yellow card to Hughes for simulation.

The Tigers were made to rue this missed opportunity as Dartford took the lead just minutes later. The Kent outfit once again broke away quickly on the counter attack and Lee Noble delivered a wonderful looping cross for Wall to simply nod home from close range.

The game began to feel the effects of the torrential spring showers, with the Ewen Fields pitch resembling more of a quagmire in the later stages of the game.

Despite a rallying fightback from Scott McNivenís side, it was the Darts who struck once again with 10 minutes to go. A slip by the Hyde defence allowed Wall to race through on goal, the giant striker then slotted past the advancing Kettings to make it 2-0 to Dartford.

Moments later Jordan Clark almost pulled one back for the Tigers as the on-loan Barnsley midfielder saw his curling long range effort narrowly whistle over the Dartford goal.

As the full time whistle blew, Hyde trudged towards the tunnel in what had been a draining 90 minutes for the Tigers.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.