An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 8th March 2014
Conference Premier

Hyde FC1Brown (56)
FC Halifax Town5Crowther (9), Gregory (27, 60, 82), Marshall (50)

Attendance: 901

Hyde FC: Chris Kettings, Josh Brizell, Adam Blakeman, Will Haining, Luke Ashworth, Alex McQuade, Jordan Clark, Alex Brown, Kelvin Lomax (Damase Kiwanda), Danny Carlton, Connor Hughes (James Kirby). Subs not used: Darren Thornton, Andrew Fitzgerald, Jake Pollard.

FC Halifax Town: Glennon, Maynard, Bolton, Ainge, Pearson (Smith), Roberts, McManus, Marshall, Smith (Jackson), Crowther (McReady), Gregory. Subs Not Used: Lowe, Senior.

Hyde FC slumped to another heavy defeat to push the Tigers further into the relegation mire.

Scott McNiven’s side were put to the sword by a rampant FC Halifax Town who showed little of the side that had only one once all year away from home.

The Shaymen’s top goal scorer Lee Gregory notched a sublime hat-trick to further enhance his growing reputation amongst the league.

The Tamesiders could confirm their relegation to the Conference North next week should either Southport or Chester pick up any points.

It didn’t look that way on the pitch as the dominance of the visitors was apparent early on. It took just 9 minutes for former Tiger, Ryan Crowther, to put the Shaymen ahead with a thumping 25-yard volley after Hyde failed to clear properly from a corner.

Quarter of an hour later, Halifax notched their second when Alex Brown clumsily hacked down Adam Smith 35 yards from goal. The ex-Chesterfield man floated the ball into the box and Gregory converted Marc Roberts’ knock-down.

The goal of the game came four minutes after the break when Paul Marshall found himself unchallenged on the edge of the box and curled his left-footed effort into Chris Kettings’ top right-hand corner to make it 3-0.

Hyde soon reduced the deficit when Simon Ainge’s mistake allowed Jordan Clark to give the home side a glimmer of hope and set up Alex Brown to hammer home for his second goal in two games.

Kettings time and time again came to the Tigers rescue throughout the game, with the keeper pulling off a series of fine saves to help keep the scoreline down.

The Shaymen’s soon grabbed their fourth on the hour, with Gregory rounding the keeper to tap home. In the 82nd minute the striker claimed his hat-trick, as he slotted past an on-rushing Kettings to make it 5-1.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.