An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 8th February 2014
Conference Premier

Hyde FC3Hughes (41, 65), Brizell (68)
Lincoln City4Sam-Yorke (15), Audel (45), Tomlinson (76), Miller (90)

Attendance: 646

Hyde FC: Chris Kettings, Josh Brizell, Adam Blakeman, Will Haining, Kelvin Lomax, Liam Tomsett (Scott Spencer), David Poole (Jordan Clark), Alex Brown, Adam Thurston, Danny Carlton, Connor Hughes. Subs not used: Darren Thornton, Andrew Fitzgerald, Jake Pollard.

Lincoln City: Farman (Gray), Newton, Miller, Brown, Audel, Jordan (Nolan), Austin (Sheridan), Adams, Power, Sam-Yorke, Tomlinson. Subs Not Used: Rowe, Robinson.

Tom Millerís injury time header was enough for Lincoln City to snatch all three points in a seven goal classic at Ewen Fields.

Scott McNivenís side were left devastated as the Impís staged a dramatic comeback after a double from Connor Hughes and a 40-yard wonder goal from Josh Brizell had given Hyde a 3-2 lead with just 20 minutes remaining.

Gary Simpsonís side fought back courtesy of two late goals from Ben Tomlinson and Miller to condemn Hyde to their 26th league defeat of the season.

Lincolnís feat was all the more remarkable as they were forced to play the last 20 minutes with left back Sean Newton in goal, after regular goalkeeper Paul Farman had limped off due to an earlier injury.

The 646 in attendance will remember this game if not for the action but for the wild weather conditions, with the strong wind playing a huge part throughout the fixture.

Hyde started the game brightly and it took under 60 seconds for the Tigers to register their first chance, as David Poole charged down the right wing and delivered a dangerous ball across the face of the Lincoln goal.

The resulting clearance from Tom Miller saw the defender inadvertently collide with Farman. The clash inflicted a nasty injury on the keeper which would plague him throughout the rest of the game.

Soon the possession was all Lincolnís and Tigers goalkeeper Chris Kettings was forced into two smart saves from Miller and Thierry Audel before the 10 minute mark.

Kettings soon had to thank Will Haining for keeping the scores at 0-0, as the Glaswegian defender cleared Mitchell Austinís effort off the line after an initial save from the on-loan Blackpool keeper.

Just moments later it was Adam Blakeman to the rescue as the youngster somehow managed to clear Adelís looping header off the line.

Hydeís defence was finally breached after just 15 minutes as Delano Sam-Yorke gave Lincoln an early lead. The goal came after Sam-Yorke was played through one on one with Kettings, the striker then coolly lifted the ball over the advancing keeper to make it 1-0 Lincoln.

The horrendous weather conditions made life difficult for Hyde throughout the first half, particularly for Kettings as the strong winds prevented any goal kicks from gaining any distance causing more problems for the Tigers.

Five minutes before half time Scott McNivenís side pulled back a shock equaliser, as Connor Hughes gracefully headed home Adam Blakemanís corner to make it 1-1 at Ewen Fields.

However the scores were not to remain level for long, as Audel powerfully headed in from close range to make it 2-1 to the Lincolnshire club in the third minute of first half injury time.

The second half saw Hyde come out the far better side, with the Tigerís beginning to move the ball of the floor and creating an increasing amount of chances.

Just two minutes after the interval Hyde came close after Hughesís effort was somehow headed off the line by Tigers captain Alex Brown.

Minutes later Hyde spurned another good chance as Josh Brizellís dangerous corner was headed over from close range by Hughes.

Brizell began to test the injured Farman with a serious of long range free kicks and the full-back was relishing the challenge especially with the added wind advantage.

Hydeís hard work finally paid off on 64 minutes as the Tigers pulled the game level. The equaliser came after Brizell played an excellent through ball to Hughes, the winger then scored his second of the game with a fierce low drive to make it 2-2.

Lincoln nearly took the lead again moments later but Kettings saved well from substitute Jake Sheridanís header.

Scott McNivenís side went ahead for the first time on 67 minutes curtosey of a potential goal of the season from Brizell. The moment of magic came after Brizell found himself free in possession near the halfway line, the full-back then unleashed a speculative 40-yard effort which flew past a despairing Farman to give Hyde a 3-2 lead.

Things went from bad to worse for Lincoln, as Farman finally limped off the field due to his earlier injury. Gary Simpson, without a substitute keeper, was then forced to put Imps left-back Sean Newton in goal for the final twenty minutes.

Despite the setback Lincoln soon equalised on 74 minutes, as top scorer Ben Tomlinson raced through on goal to grab his 12th of the season and to make it 3-3 at Ewen Fields.

Almost immediately, substitute Scott Spencer nearly gave Hyde the lead again but the striker found his goal bound effort cleared off the line by a retreating Sheridan.

The final 10 minutes saw Kettings produce two top class saves, the first coming from a stinging Alan Power effort. The 21-year-old stopper arguably saved his best for last, as Kettingís made an excellent flying one handed save from Sheridanís curling effort.

As the referee indicated four minutes of injury time, Hyde desperately searched for a winner before Lincoln won a corner in the 93rd minute. The resulting set-piece eluded the Hyde defence and Miller was on-hand to head home a dramatic last gasp winner for the Imps.

A pitch invasion from jubilant Lincoln fans only compounded Hydeís misery and as the final whistle blew the home side trudged towards the tunnel after a traumatic final few minutes.

The result now leaves Hyde still without a league win at Ewen Fields this season and now three games since their last league victory away at Welling United.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.