An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 23rd September 2013
Conference Premier

Lincoln City3Tomlinson (48), Dixon (79, 89)
Hyde FC0

Attendance: 2311

Lincoln City: Farman, Miller, Newton, Boyce, Brown, Jordan (Dixon), Fofana (Foster), Power, Nolan, Wright (Sheridan), Tomlinson. Subs Not Used: Gray, Fairhurst.

Hyde FC: Nick Liversedge, Josh Brizell, Adam Griffin, Will Haining, Luke Ashworth, Adam Blakeman (Emmanuel Dieseruvwe), Alex Brown, Liam Tomsett, Martin Devaney (David Poole), Scott Spencer, Tom Collins (Louis Almond). Subs not used: Connor Hughes, Matt Mainwaring.

by Tony Spencer

After an open game Hyde left Lincolnshire looking for their first win of the season after 3 2nd half goals at Sincil Bank.

It was Lincoln who started of the brightest with Power and Nolan linking up well on the right hand side but the final delivery was sliced into the stand behind the goal.

Hyde reacted with an attack of their own as Griffins whips in a cracking ball but Spencer couldn’t reach high enough and was cleared.

Hyde kept pressing forward with former Irish international Devaney playing in Brizzel who cut in from the right hand side but shot straight at Imps keeper, Farman.

Lincoln got themselves back into the game with a few attacks of their own, first a counter that left Hyde 3 on 5 but the Imps couldn’t make the numerous advantage count but the ball was cleared by Tigers captain, Haining.

It only took Lincoln two minutes to break the deadlock, Newton whipping in a corner from the right hand side who found Tomlison who out jumped the Hyde keeper, Liveredge to make it 1-0.

Lincoln kept pressing to double their advantage and did so on the 78th when a whipped in corner from Power found Dixon on the back post who headed it in to make it 2-0 to the Imps.

Hyde kept pressing forward trying to find a way back into the game with Brown & Devaney forcing saves out of Lincoln keeper Farman.

Lincoln wrapped up a 3-0 win with an controversial third goal, after the referee blew to stop play the ball was whipped in by Power onto Dixon’s head who put it into an empty net but the referee Mr Barrett allowed the goal to stand much to the annoyance of the Hyde players and management.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.