An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 5th October 2013
Conference Premier

Hyde FC0
Braintree Town3Strutton (37, 57), Cox (67)

Attendance: 403

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Josh Brizell, Adam Griffin, Will Haining, Luke Ashworth, Liam Tomsett, Connor Hughes (Emmanuel Dieseruvwe), Alex Brown (Louis Almond), David Poole (Tom Collins), Reece Gray, Scott Spencer. Subs not used: Matt Mainwaring, Adam Blakeman.

Braintree Town: McDonald, Wells, Griffiths, Paine, Habergham, Massey, Mulley (Carney), Sparkes, Isaac, Strutton (Holman), Marks (Cox). Subs Not Used: Enver-Marum, Hamann

Match report by Anthony Reeve

The Tigers came out roaring and it only took four minutes for the first attempt as Reece Grey whipped in a ball towards who Spencer who acrobatically overhead kicked towards goal but straight at the Braintree keeper, Nathan McDonald.

Hyde kept piling the pressure on the Braintree defence with Poole shooting from range after a free kick was partly cleared but his shot was straight at McDonald.

It was all Hyde in the first 25 minutes and nearly took the lead on the 23rd minute as a brilliant long range Tomsett shot rattled the post from 35 yards.

Hyde were rampant but another chance went begging for the Tigers as a long shot by Griffin was spilled by McDonald onto the bar and the rebound was cleared for a corner via the cross bar with Connor Hughes lurking

Braintree’s first shot came on 31 minutes as winger Daniel Sparkes dispossessed Griffin but he shot is off target.

The deadlock was broken by Braintree against the run of play as new club captain Haining’s back pass was cut out by Strutton who calmly slotted the ball past Dave Carnell.

It was Braintree who came out in the second half full of confidence and on the 57th minute they made it 2-0 with Strutton’s second goal of the game. A ball was whipped in to sub Jordan Cox who knocked it down to the feet of Strutton who put it away.

Hyde seemed to lose self-esteem after Braintree’s second goal and the game was wrapped up on the 67th minute as Cox looked to have mis-controlled the ball but somehow kept hold of the ball and placed it past Carnell’s right hand side to make it 3-0 Braintree.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.