An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 26th October 2013
F.A. Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Wrexham2Ogleby (21, 66)
Hyde FC0

Attendance: 1848

Wrexham: Coughlin, Carrington, Artell, Clowes, Ashton, Harris (Evans), Keates, Clarke, Ogleby (Bailey-Jones), Bishop, Ormerod. Subs not used: Hodgin, Creighton, Tomassen, Colbeck, Morrell.

Hyde FC: Lawrence Vigouroux, Josh Brizell, Adam Blakeman, Will Haining, Luke Ashworth, Liam Tomsett, David Poole (Connor Hughes), Alex Brown, Louis Almond, Tom Collins, Martin Devaney (Matt Mainwaring). Subs not used: Adam Griffin, Adam Thurston, Andrew Fitzgerald.

by Tony Spencer

Hyde FC were dumped out of the FA Cup fourth qualifying round by Wrexham on Saturday, courtesy of two Rob Ogbley goals either side of half time.

The result means Hyde’s disappointing record in the competition continues, with the Tigers failing to reach the first round for an 18th year running.

Scott McNiven’s side struggled to make an impact at the Glyndwr University Racecourse Stadium as a late injury to inform striker Scott Spencer shortened Hyde’s attacking options.

A positive to take out of the game was the solid performance from loan signing Lawrence Vigouroux. The Chilean made a string of excellent saves in his first game for the club following his move from Tottenham Hotspur yesterday.

The match itself started brightly for Hyde, with Martin Devaney forcing Wrexham keeper Andy Coughlin into two save’s in quick succession early on.

Only just five minutes were on the clock when the match was thrown into controversy, after Wrexham right back Mark Carrington looked to have pulled down Tom Collins as he was through on goal. Despite the Hyde appeals referee Anthony Backhouse waved away any claims for a foul, leaving Carrington to walk away from a potential red card offence.

The following 15 minutes saw the game fall desperately flat, with neither side getting a firm hold of the ball.

Unfortunately for the Tigers it was the home side that finally broke the deadlock on 21 minutes. After a quick a break from Wrexham, captain Dean Keates found himself with space inside the Hyde penalty area. Keates then played a beautiful ball to Brett Ormerod but the ex-Blackpool mans header was well saved by Vigouroux, luckily for the Dragon’s Ogleby was on hand to bundle in the rebound.

Hyde responded brightly after the goal, with Liam Tomsett firing a 30 yard effort just wide of the post.

Vigouroux somehow managed to keep the score line at 1-0 on 33 minutes, with the 19-year-old keeper brilliantly saving Rob Clarke’s point blank effort.

The Tigers began piling on the pressure up until half time, with McNiven's side looking increasing dangerous on the break.

The second half started scrappy as the first, with both team’s struggling to string together a sequence of passes on the uneven surface.

Clarke nearly scored a goal to remember for the North Wales side 15 minutes after the interval, as the windy conditions forced Vigouroux into a smart save from the midfielder’s corner.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.