An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 30th November 2013
F.A. Trophy 1st Round

Hyde FC1O'Donnell (3)
North Ferriby United2Jarman (1 pen), Clarke (25)

Attendance: 256

Hyde FC: Lawrence Vigouroux, D'Arcy O'Connor, Adam Griffin, Will Haining (David Poole), Luke Ashworth, Liam Tomsett, Adam Thurston (Connor Hughes), Alex Brown, Scott Spencer, JJ O'Donnell, Adam Blakeman (Danny Carlton). Subs not used: James Kirby, Daniel Pollitt.

North Ferriby United: Nicklin, Robson, Peat, King, Anderson, Hone, Clarke, Fry, Wilson, Jarman, Yates. Subs: D'Laryea, Pecora, Hunter, Bruce, Kendall

By Anthony Reeve

North Ferriby United, lying third in the Skrill North, took the lead after just 30 seconds as Adam Griffin tripped Nathan Jarman in the box, who brushed himself down and slotted the penalty away.

However, it only took the Tigers 2 minutes to find the equaliser as JJ O’Donnell, who made a loan move from fellow Skrill Premier side Luton Town on Thursday, found the Ferriby keeper, Nicklin, off his line and chipped him from 25 yards. It was great awareness from the youngster to score just 3 minutes into his debut.

Hyde started to put North Ferriby under pressure and it was Griffin who tried his luck from range, once again spotting Nicklin off his line, the left back shot from 40 yards which sailed high over the bar.

North Ferriby should have regained the lead on nine minutes as Hyde captain Will Haining was caught out by King who rounded Lawrence Vigouroux but the ball was cleared off the line by D'Arcy O’Connor.

In an end to end half it both teams had chances to take the lead with Adam Thurston testing Nicklin and O’Donnell’s cross cleared onto his own crossbar by North Ferriby’s Anderson.

It was North Ferriby who then retook the lead on 25 minutes, and what a screamer it was! Danny Clarke was played through down the right hand side and just outside the penalty box, Clarke hit a screamer, which flew in off the left hand post. There was nothing the Chilean keeper could have done about it.

Hyde couldn’t break down the North Ferriby defence and went into the break 2-1 down.

Hyde came out for the second half looking for an equaliser and could have done so on 48 minutes as Alex Brown’s shot was too hot to handle by Nicklin, but luckily for the keeper it went behind for a corner.

Hyde continued to bombard the North Ferriby goal as Tomsett’s shot was once again fumbled by Nicklin to Spencer, and after laying off Danny Carlton, he blasts the ball way over the Ferriby goal.

Hyde should have equalised on 56 minutes as Tomsett whipped in a ball towards Danny Carlton who knocked it back to Ashworth, but the defender couldn’t find the target. Good play from Hyde.

Hyde continued to press for the equaliser but came up against a keeper who wasn’t going to concede again. Firstly, Spencer found Connor Hughes whose shot was well saved and then Spencer’s smash from the edge of the box is palmed away excellently by Nicklin.

Hyde continued to pile on the pressure and thought they had a late equaliser in the 94th minute as Spencer shot from 25 yards just went over the bar, but it wasn't to be for the Tigers, who go out at the first hurdle and fail to get further than the FA Trophy First Round for the ninth consecutive season.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.