An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 13th September 2014
Conference North

Brackley Town1Rowe (29 pen)
Hyde FC0

Attendance: 225

Brackley Town: Snedker, Samuels, McDonald, Curtis, Sharpe, R.Austin, Brown, Nelson-Addy, Rowe, Smith (Green), Eric Odhiambo (Kaziboni). Subs Not Used: Webb, Pearson, Built

Hyde FC: Billy O'Brien, Connor Hughes, Kyle Brownhill (Joe Conchie), Alex McQuade, Rhys Day (James Ball), Adam Thurston, Steve Tames, Josh Brizell, Reece Gray, Louis Almond, Tom Bentham. Subs not used: Adam Blakeman, Luke Giverin, D'Arcy O'Connor.

Report from Tim Carroll (Brackley Town)

Saints had further golden chances to extend the lead but saw out anxious final moments to seal the points.

This was not quite the performance demanded by manager Jon Brady in his programme notes but a win and clean sheet with improved performances throughout the team gave supporters something to cheer. Typically direct, Brady had described last week’s performance against Guiseley “from start to finish unacceptable” and promised the SJP faithful his players would be “up for the battle no matter what”. Commenting after the final whistle, the manager described the performance as “an important step in the right direction that took character”.

Full-back Connor Hughes’ push on Ryan Rowe conceded the spot-kick that Rowe himself coolly despatched on the half hour with Saints looking the more composed and enjoying the greater possession and adventure. Both sides had a penalty claim each waved away in a first half of few chances though Brackley’s Ebby Nelson-Addy and new signing Eric Odhiambo both created space for shots that were blocked.

After the break the home side enjoyed a spell of pressure pinning the Tigers back with striker Sam Smith seeing his shot blocked and Rowe curling a shot onto the post before Odhiambo was thwarted as he pounced on the rebound earning only a corner. Jon Brown’s fine cross on 72 minutes was met by substitute Will Green whose header again crashed onto the woodwork and late on Green’s close range effort was somehow kept out by keeper Billy O’Brien after good work by Odhiambo in reaching the by-line.

The visitors rarely threatened with Dean Snedker making just two saves in the game. Yet in the final minutes some anxiety crept in as five minutes of added time was played and Saints were pleased to close out the game for only a second clean sheet of the campaign so far.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.