An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Wednesday 30th January 2013
Cheshire Senior Cup 2nd Round

Vauxhall Motors2Stott (16), Rutter (84)
Hyde FC0

Attendance: 89

Vauxhall Motors: Craig Ellison (Zac Jones), David Kocsis (Karl Clair), Louis Barnes, Tom Hannigan, Andy Nicholas, Dan Fearnehough, Craig Mahon, Chris Noone (Stephen Wainwright), Tom Rutter, Ashley Stott, Louis Moss. Unused Subs: Gary Martindale.

Hyde FC: Ashley Frith, Andrew Fitzgerald (Jamie Matthews), Jack Benson, Ryan Eiselt (Ryan Murphy), Karl Dailey, Matthew Cassidy, Jake Pollard, Joshua Harrison, Matthew Blinkhorn, Matthew Harris, Grant Spencer. Subs not used: Jake Cook.

Amidst the bitter snow storms of last week this game was on and a surprisingly warm night saw a young Hyde side faced a more experienced Blue Square North outfit.

For the first 15 minutes Vauxhall looked in control, they were pressing well and showing good movement around the area, Louis Moss looked lively for the home side driving a number of low crosses into the box but the Vauxhall forwards weren’t taking the gamble. On the 10th minute mark the first proper chance came and it was Moss the creator for Vauxhall, he cut inside from the right and played a threw ball into the path of Tom Rutter who managed to squeeze a tame shot through the legs of Ashley Frith in the Hyde goal, fortunately for him Eiselt cleared off the line.

Moments later Hyde were lucky again after a series of dangerous corners flew into the box, but nothing was converted. Hyde turned up the pressure and tempo of the game and Jake Pollard played in Mathew Blinkhorn on the right hand side of the area but he could only find the side netting.

The first goal came in the 16th minute; a long ball was played straight down the middle of the pitch and found Ashley Stott who cleverly beat the offside trap! With miles of time and space he placed his finish passed the on rushing Frith, into the far right hand corner, very cool from the centre forward.

Hyde were showing their inexperience in the first half and continued to look shaky as Vauxhall controlled most of the possession. Vauxhall were defending well when the pressure was turned round, forcing Hyde to shoot from distance with Grant Spencer going wide and Pollard working Ellison. Matty Harris also had a tame shot saved when he quickly manoeuvred his body on the edge of the area.

The 30 minute brought a serious head collision between Hyde’s Andrew Fitzgerald and Ryan Eiselt causing the game to be stopped for 37 minutes as the pair received treatment and were taken to the hospital. Jamie Matthews and Ryan Murphy were the replacements. The game was re-started and horrible incident seemed to spur the Hyde players on, straight away Harris switched the play to the substitute Matthews, whose pace allowed him to slip in a tame effort but a slip from the goalkeeper almost resulted in a howler.

The last chance of the half came to Vauxhall as Ashley Stott beat the offside trap again and bared on goal from the left hand side, he cut inside on the six yard box and went for glory despite having Tom Rutter perfectly placed just inside the box, a wasted opportunity.

Vauxhall’s goalkeeper Craig Ellison made way for Zac Jones for the second half, but it was the Hyde keeper that was under pressure first as Rutter’s shot sneaked past the young goalie only to be cleared off the line by Ryan Murphy. Hyde were lucky not to go behind again after the referee played a great advantage that allowed Chris Noone to play in Stott down the right flank, he drilled a cross into the path of Rutter who couldn’t connect.

Hyde were again looking to find a footing in the game and started playing some good football, with some strong build up play from Spencer and Pollard, Murphy was sent down the right but his cross was just over the head of Matthews.

Ashley Frith was called upon yet again in the 65th minute, Rutter threaded an intricate pass into the path of Stott who tried to slot it past Frith but he lacked composure and it produced a great save from the keeper. A corner kick for Hyde in the 71st minute saw two efforts from Cassidy and Harris blocked on the edge of the 6 yard box, it just didn’t look like Hyde’s night.

Hyde produced the next chance, great play in the middle of the park by Spencer who lofted the ball into the chest of Blinkhorn, he played it down well to Harris who pulled of a great turn on the edge of the box and tried to lob the untested goal keeper but he touched it onto the bar and over, however the referee misjudged it and gave a goal kick.

Mathews was showing some great direct play for Hyde, he found the side netting from one attempt, and hit a shot just over the bar on the 80th minute mark, they were certainly pressing for the equaliser, but the an attack was broken on the 84th minute with Vauxhall’s left back Louis Barnes playing a perfectly weighted pass down the wing to Rutter who cut inside and found the corner, game over.

Harris had the last two chances of the game, a good lofted ball from Spencer saw Harris beat the keeper with a firm headed but was cruelly denied by the upright and in the closing minutes of the game he forced a save from Jones, but there was no joy for the forward.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.