An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Thursday 1st November 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup Preliminary Round

Hyde FC6Blinkhorn (9, 30), Harris (36, 70, 89), Own Goal (68)
Northwich Villa0

Attendance: 88

Hyde FC: Ashley Frith, Andrew Fitzgerald, Jack Benson (Ryan Murphy), Joshua Harrison, Ryan Eiselt, Jake Hibbs (Jake Pollard), Callum Byrne, Tunji Moses, Matthew Blinkhorn (David McNiven), Matthew Harris, Stefan Cox. Subs not used: Karl Dailey, Jake Cook.

Northwich Villa: Gandy, S Rushe, Norris, M Rushe (Clorley), Lee, Lawrence, Nsimbe, Marshall (Swift), Garwood, Owens, Collins. Unused subs: Clarke, Wright

Matt Harris stole the show with a hat trick on his senior Hyde debut, as Northwich Villa were brushed aside at Ewen Fields.

Despite a fairly promising start from the visitors, Hyde quickly got on top and seized the initiative for near enough the entire half.

Matthew Blinkhorn put the Tigers ahead after just nine minutes, receiving Stefan Cox’s pass and producing a neat finish.

Two minutes later a Tunji Moses free kick was deflected over, before Matt Harris had an effort off the line and Jake Hibbs saw his long range effort spilled but no one was looming for the hosts.

Midway though the first half a further two chances fell to Hyde, but the second goal still wasn’t added.

Firstly Cox shot wide when in one on one, and then Harris capitalised on a defenders fall to progress towards goal but Anthony Gandy produced a fine save.

Following this Northwich did threaten on two occasions; Steven Owens tumbling in the area but seeing his appeals turned down, and then Lee Garwood being foiled by Ashley Frith who charged out to smother the ball at his feet.

After Gandy produced another fine save, this time to deny Callum Byrne, Hyde found a further two goals to close out the half.

Blinkhorn got his second on the half hour, Cox finding Bryne on the left and his square ball was calmly tucked away.

It was then the turn of Moses to fire a pin point pass, which Harris collected and dispatched into the bottom corner.

The second half started where the first left off, and it was 45 minutes of pressure all aimed at Gandy in the Northwich goal.

Hibbs was the first to fire in a shot from distance that flew just wide, before a brilliant run and cut inside by Cox saw Blinkhorn played through but he could only hit the side netting.

Just before the hour mark Andrew Fitzgerald’s stunning cross could not find a telling touch, and seven minutes later Cox’s 25 yard strike came crashing back off the post.

It was only two minutes until the fourth was added though, Blinkhorn tried to control a ball played into the box before an unlucky Dylan Norris deflected the ball into his own goal.

Only two minutes later it was five, Harris showing good skill to get past the last defender and having great composure to confidently smash it past Gandy when in one on one.

With just seven minutes left it got even worse for the visitors who had Arnold Nsimbe sent off for a foul on Blinkhorn, with the scoring bring rounded off in the last minute.

Harris taking the match ball home, after receiving a great pass from David McNiven and ensuring his side ended the night 6-0 victors.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.