An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 18th November 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United3Beeston (6), Band (60), Hanson (71)
Whitby Town2Ludlow (8), Messer (88)

Attendance: 362

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, John Foster, Paul Robertson, Mark Beeston, Paul Taylor, Stuart Walker (Steve Smith), Matty Taylor, Neil Hall (Peter Band), Simon Yeo (Jody Banim), David Hanson, Steve Tobin

Whitby Town: David Campbell, Danny Key, David Logan, David Goodchild, Ben Dixon, Graham Rennison, Lee Buggie, Lee Conner, Lee Ludlow, Carl Chillingsworth, Graham Robinson. Subs: Gary Messer, Anthony Robinson, Mark Taylor

Hyde's second half performance in front of the BBC cameras was enough for them to take all three points against a useful Whitby side. The TV crew was at rainy Ewen Fields to get footage of the terraces for a forthcoming Watchdog programme. Hyde went ahead in the 6th minute, Paul Robertson's corner was headed home by Mark Beeston despite the best efforts of Danny Key on the goal line. Whitby were level just 90 seconds later when Beeston slipped and allowed Lee Ludlow to race clear before easily slotting past goalkeeper Graham Bennett. Robertson's next cross gave Simon Yeo a chance for Hyde but the striker glanced his header wide of the post. Further chances for the home side fell to Matty Taylor and Robertson but neither could beat David Campbell with their shots. Seconds before half-time Whitby's Lee Buggie hit a powerful drive goalwards but Bennett made a teriffic one handed stop to deny the midfielder. At the start of the second half it was Whitby who had a chance to go ahead, Mark Taylor connected with a corner but Bennett managed to save his header. Hyde re-took the lead on the hour, an inch perfect cross from Matty Taylor was headed past Campbell by substitute Peter Band. The goal seemed to give the Tigers more confidence and Dave Hanson's rising long range drive was the first of many attacking moves from the home side. Stuart Walker got behind the visitors back line but Campbell saved with his legs and soon after John Foster's cross found Band but Campbell stretched to tip his header over the crossbar. A low cross from Robertson on 71 minutes produced the next Hyde goal, Dave Hanson battled to get past Mark Taylor then clipped the ball into the corner of the goal. Whitby made it a nervewracking last few minutes for Hyde when Gary Messer's shot took a wicked deflection on 88 minutes to reduce the defecit. Whitby forced a last minute goalmouth scramble from David Logan's corner but Hyde held on to move up to 9th in the table.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.