An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 15th September 2012
Conference Premier

Lincoln City3Larkin (44 pen, 66 pen), Oliver (88)
Hyde FC2Spencer (65 pen), Jevons (70)

Attendance: 1745

Lincoln City: Farman, Gray, Boyce, Hutchison, Nutter, Mills, Fofana, Nicolau (Morgan), Sheridan (Bore), Larkin (Robinson), Oliver. Unused subs: Taylor, Turner

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Josh Brizell, Andrew Pearson, Luke Ashworth, Kelvin Lomax (Adam Griffin), Liam Tomsett, Matthew Cassidy (David Poole), Alex Brown, Stefan Cox, Scott Spencer, Phil Jevons. Subs not used: Callum Byrne, Robbie Williams, Ashley Frith.

It was a story of an incredible second half at Sincil Bank, where Hyde slipped to a 3-2 defeat after twice recovering from losing positions.

Similarly to their previous away game at Wrexham, it was the hosts who started the game better and dominated possession.

Chances, however, were at a premium and they were restricted to long range efforts, with Gary Mills firing over early on.

When they did get into the game though Hyde faced a similar problem at first, before their neat play almost paid off.

From a Josh Brizell throw in some neat interplay ended with a Phil Jevons back heel which fell to Scott Spencer, but his shot sailed over.

Just before the midway point Dave Carnell had to be alert, charging off his line to cut out the lively Vadaine Oliverís attempted head back across goal.

On 27 minutes Spencer was almost through, Alex Brown delayed his pass though and when it was made Andrew Boyce recovered.

Immediately following this a long ball was hit forward which Colin Larkin latched onto, but Carnell did excellently to save one on one.

The same man then drifted off at the back post, but his headed pull back was tamely hit towards goal by Jake Sheridan.

The Hyde keeper then had to react well once again when Sheridan found himself in one on one, before a tricky Stefan Cox run saw a shot fire wide.

It was at this point, with the game seemingly heading in level at the break, that the opener was hit.

Another Oliver head down was the problem, with Andy Pearson conceding the penalty for a foul on Mills.

Larkin dispatching the spot kick with the minimum of fuss.

After an even start to the second half, Hyde got back on terms after Liam Tomsett was clearly felled in the box.

Scott Spencer stepping up and slotting it away clinically, but Lincoln were back ahead in a matter of moments.

Mills used his body particularly well before going down, and Larkin stepped up to put his side into the lead again.

Within five minutes a second equaliser was found.

A lucky deflection off Cox fell into the path of Jevons, who controlled and struck a curling shot in to the bottom corner.

This goal put the home side on the back foot, with a Griffin corner almost finding Spencer was it not for Peter Boreís header behind.

With just 15 minutes left Cox caused mayhem down the right before cutting inside, but David Poole could only slice his shot wide.

Moments later Poole, Spencer, Brizell and Jevons showed some nice interplay, but the latterís heavy touch meant the chance was gone.

It was as late as the 88th minute that Hyde hearts were broken.

Substitute Conner Robinsonís low cross found an unmarked Oliver, who shot past a helpless Carnell to give the home side victory.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.