An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 8th September 2012
Conference Premier

Hyde FC5Spencer (38), Brown (51), Jevons (71, 80, 84)
Hereford United2Bowman (5, 77)

Attendance: 688

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Josh Brizell, Andrew Pearson, Luke Ashworth, Kelvin Lomax, Alex Brown, Callum Byrne (Tunji Moses), Matthew Cassidy, Ryan Crowther (Stefan Cox), Scott Spencer, Phil Jevons (David Poole). Subs not used: Robbie Williams, Ashley Frith.

Hereford United: Hanford, Gallinagh, Graham, Stam, Carruthers, Pell, Sammons (Plummer), Clucas, Canham (Evans), Bowman, Smille (Nichols). Unused subs: Heath, Clist

Hyde fought back from a goal down to smash their way to a first ever victory in the Conference Premier.

A 13 minute second half hat-trick from Phil Jevons added to earlier strikes from Scott Spencer and Alex Brown, giving their side a win that lifts the club off the bottom of the league.

It was again a slow start from the hosts but despite this they had the first sight of goal, the defence recovered well to crowd out Spencer, however.

Three minutes later and Hereford had taken the lead, with a good move down the left resulting in Ryan Bowman nodding his side in to the lead.

Not long after and it was nearly doubled, but some sharp thinking from Carnell prevented the chance.

With 15 minutes gone it looked like an equaliser was inevitable, with Phil Jevons robbing the ball off the defenders foot.

The strikerís touch was rather heavy though, and with that the chance was gone.

After Carnell did well to clear after a slight defensive mix up on 22 minutes, the home side took total control.

Some nice play between the two strikers saw Spencer shoot slightly wide, before seeing another left footed strike tipped over by Dan Hanford in the opposition goal.

He didnít have to wait long for his goal though, and what a goal it was to.

A ball down the right fell to Spencer at angle, and he powered his shot across the keeper and in to the bottom corner.

Three minutes later and Brizell shot wide from the edge of the box, before Spencerís flicked header from the same manís free kick had the same result.

Ashley Sammons tried to give the visitors the lead right on half time, but Carnell did well to save his 30 yard effort.

It was only six minutes after the restart that Hyde took a lead they were never going to relinquish.

Spencer held the ball up and waited for reinforcements, and they arrived in shape of Alex Brown.

The midfielder drifted inside before unleashing a shot that flew past the keeper and into the bottom corner.

Following a Brizell cross come shot that drifted slightly wide though, Hyde were put on the defensive.

A Bowman header went over the bar, before Brian Smikle twice failed to put Hereford back on level terms.

His first chance was well saved but he got a second bite of cherry after a breakdown in communication at the back.

Darting into the box he flashed in a cross, and from the resulting shot Carnell reacted excellently to keep it out.

Bowman then did well down the left side before passing for Smikle, who blazed over when well placed.

Jevons got his first on 71 minutes after yet more nice interplay with Spencer, he turned in the box and shot past a helpless Hanford.

Another Bowman header found the back of the net with a little over ten minutes left, but Scott McNivenís men were in no mood to surrender their lead.

Some superb work from Brown in the middle brought about the goal, after his nicely weighted pass was clinically finished for Jevons second.

The same two men then combined again, before Jevons found himself in on goal.

He calmly picked his spot and gave the keeper no chance before wheeling away in celebration.

Hyde travel to Lincoln next week, where they will hope to build on their first three points of the season.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.