An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 4th November 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United2Hall (15), Richardson (90)
Marine1Douglas (29)

Attendance: 381

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, John Foster, Paul Robertson, Mark Beeston, Paul Taylor, Carl Laurie (Stuart Walker), Matty Taylor (Steve Smith), Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Lee Wilkinson (Jody Banim), Lloyd Richardson

Marine: Chris Clarke, Darren Hughes, Mike Douglas, Rick Bainbridge, Steve Rimmer, Gary Randles, Simon Wilson, David Gamble, Karl Robinson, Dave Thompson, Ian Baines. Subs: Neil Black, Jon Wareing, Danny Gabrielson

The Tigers stole the points with a stoppage time winner in a poor game between two poor sides. Hyde had the better of the early exchanges and when Marine goalkeeper Chris Clarke dropped the ball when jumping with Matty Taylor it took some good defending to clear the danger. Hyde went ahead in the 15th minutes when Neil Hall got on the end of Paul Robertson's cross and shot past Clarke with the aid of a deflection. Marine were level on 29 minutes with a goal out of nothing. The ball fell to Mike Douglas 35 yards from goal and the defender floated the ball over Hyde's flapping 'keeper Graham Bennett and simply ran back into position as though it happens every week. Karl Robinson glanced a header onto the post for the visitors following a free lick on the right. On 51 minutes Marine had a good chance when Robinson's shot skidded on the surface but Bennett managed to parry the ball around the post. Clarke equaled his opposite number with an excellent stop to deny Simon Yeo after the striker found himself clean through on goal. Marine's Dave Thompson broke clear of the Hyde defence on the hour but Bennett blocked the striker's shot and Robinson put the follow up wide of the target. Further efforts from Hyde's Paul Taylor and Marine's Rick Bainbridge failed to find a winner and so set up a frantic last minute. Marine should have won the game when the broke down the right and crossed, substitute Neil Black connected but saw the ball hit the post. Hyde broke away and won a corner, Paul Robertson swung the ball in and Lloyd Richardson steered the ball home with his head to end Hyde's run of three straight defeats

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.