An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 16th October 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United4Yeo (49, 80), Banim (65), Salmon (90)
Altrincham2Scott (40, 57)

Attendance: 674

Hyde United: Kurt Edgington, Gus Wilson, Paul Robertson, Mark Beeston, Paul Taylor, Peter Band, Matty Taylor, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Jody Banim (Gavin Salmon), Martin McDonald (Lee Wilkinson). Subs not used: Brendan Aspinall. Sent off: Peter Band.

Altrincham: Coburn, Scott, Porter, Glendenning, Talbot, Hawes, Craney, Schueber, Furlong, Hay, Murphy. Subs: Landon, Farley, Ward

The Tigers got back to winning ways in the league at a windswept Ewen Fields with a fine win against a strong Altrincham side. Simon Yeo could have scored for Hyde in the 14th minute but blasted over the top with just Coburn to beat. Alty's James Glendenning took issue with the assistant referee over whether Yeo was offside and soon found his way down the tunnel when referee Mr Cooke sent him off. Paul Taylor went close for Hyde when he headed wide from a corner but the Tigers couldn't find any advantage in the extra man. Altrincham took the lead on 40 minutes when a cross from Gary Scott caught Kurt Edgington in no mans land and went in off the far post. Hyde immeadiately came back and could have equalised when Matty Taylor hit the post with a shot from eight yards. Just before half-time Martin McDoanld played in Simon Yeo but the striker couldn't find the target under strong pressure from Gary Talbot. On 49 minutes a surging run by Paul Robertson saw the ball fed left to substitute Lee Wilkinson, his first time cross was perfect for Simon Yeo to head an equaliser at the far post. Carl Furlong then caused havoc in the Hyde defence with a strong run but his curling shot was a fraction wide of the target. 10 man Altrincham took the lead again on 57 minutes when Gary Scott burst into the box on the right and fired low past Edgington. Hyde hit back 8 minutes later, Jody Banim bundled over Scott and then fired in a low shot which deflected off Gary Talbot and flew past Coburn into the goal. Coburn dealt well with Banim's next effort, a 25 yarder heading into the corner which required a fine save. Hyde lost Peter Band on 74 minutes when he was red-carded for reacting badly when a penalty wasn't given for a challenge on Yeo. On 80 minutes Talbot failed to connect with a long ball by Paul Taylor and Simon Yeo nipped in to steer past Coburn and put Hyde into the lead for the first time in the game. Alty weren't finished and Mark Ward brought an excellent save from Edgington with a stinging volley from the edge of the penalty area. Gavin Salmon finished things off nicely for Hyde when his strength and determination created a chance and he calmly rounded Coborn to seal the victory.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.