An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 3rd December 2011
Conference North

Worcester City2Thorley (30 pen, 80 pen)
Hyde FC2Poole (9), Pearson (33)

Attendance: 782

Worcester City: Not available

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Josh Brizell, Adam Griffin, Andrew Pearson, Danny Hall, David Birch, Chris Worsley, Callum Byrne, Tom Fisher (Danny Broadbent), Scott Spencer (Matthew Berkeley), David Poole (Tunji Moses). Subs not used: Gianluca Havern, Sean Williams. Sent off: David Birch, Chris Worsley.

- - - - - - -

Hyde had to settle for a point at Worcester after they finished with 9 men in a game which was brought to life by a puzzling performance by referee Marvyn Amplhett as he brandished 3 red cards in total and awarded 2 controversial penalties for the home side.

It was the Tigers who started brightly when Chris Worsley had a shot wide after the ball fell to him. At the other end, Danny Carey-Bertram got through but flashed his shot so wide that it went out for a throw-in.

But it was Hyde who took the lead as David Poole scored his first goal for the club in the 9th minute, beating debutant goalkeeper Mark Sargeant at his near post after a maurading run by Tom Fisher.

The returning Scott Spencer had a chance to make it 2 but a lack of match fitness showed as he scuffed a shot at Sargeant.

Then the first controversial scene of the game arose as both sides went down to 10 men. It looked like a nothing incident as Worsley gave away a free-kick on Worcester substitute Martyn Naylor, but Naylor got up and seemed to move his head towards Worsley before being pulled way. The referee sent Naylor off then showed Worsley a red card, a decision which puzzled even home manager Carl Heeley.

Mr Amplhett then awarded a controversial penalty when Mike Symons crossed the ball and his momentum seemed to send him down, but the referee gave a penalty and booked Josh Brizzell. Tom Thorley scored the penalty.

Scott Spencer could have restored the lead but Sargeant saved well, but from the resulting corner Andy Pearson headed in powerfully to swing the momentum back Hyde’s way.

Spencer really should have made it 3 right at the start of the second half but sent a free header wide.

The game was becoming scrappy but Worcester nearly equalised when Dave Birch nearly turned the ball past Carnell when trying to intercept a pass but he reacted well to save.

The biggest flashpoint then followed which angered Hyde’s players, fans and management as Symons chased a loose ball and went down easily as Carnell came to meet him and looked on in amazement as Mr Amphlett pointed to the spot.

Symons went down holding his face after an altercation with Dave Birch and the Hyde skipper was shown a red card. Gary Lowe was then bizarrly sent to the stands despite not saying anything to the referee or his assistant.

Finally after 4 bizarre and highly charged minutes, Tom Thorley kept his cool to make it all square again.

As expected it was the home side with all the possession. Symons nearly scored a winner as he turned in the area and fired over.

In stoppage time a shot flashed across a goal but sub Michael Taylor couldn’t get his head on it.

Hyde held on well with 9 men to claim what could be a vital point and stay top of the league by 3 points.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.