An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 18th October 2011
Manchester Premier Cup 1st Round

Hyde FC1Broadbent (16)
Droylsden4Hall (2 goals), Johnson, Rowe

Attendance: 151

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Mike Aspin, Nathan Martin, Joel Richardson, Danny Hall, Tunji Moses, Chris Worsley, Adam Birchall, Matthew Berkeley, Scott Spencer, Danny Broadbent

Droylsden: Not available

Droylsden went through to the second round of the Manchester Premier Cup in this entertaining game at Ewen Fields in front of a sparse crowd.

It was the Tigers who had the first opportunities with Danny Broadbent twice testing Sean Lake in the opening 10 minutes, which the Droylsden custodian dealt well with on both occasions. However, it was Droylsden who took the lead when Carlos Logan’s shot was fumbled by David Carnell which left Dale Johnson with a simple tap in

Hyde equalised on 16 minutes when a good passing move found Mike Aspin on the right who unselfishly squared for Danny Broadbent to score.

Droylsden re-took the lead after a lightning break found Carlos Logan on the right and Steve Hall curled in a beauty.

Hyde looked to respond quickly as Scott Spencer motored past James Vaughan but Sean Lake denied him well with his legs. A minute later he had another chance but fired over.

Droylsden added another on 33 minutes as Danny Rowe got in unchallenged to fire home. Rowe nearly added a fourth but his free-kick was superbly saved by Carnell.

Steve Hall had a shot well saved at the start of the second half and from the resulting corner he turned over a Nat Kerr header. He then added a fourth in the 64th minute, bursting through from midfield and slotting home.

The game petered out after that and ultimately it was Droylsden’s superior finishing which proved the difference.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.