An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 24th September 2011
Conference North

Eastwood Town2Burge (45), Bradley (75 pen)
Hyde FC2Spencer (30), Hall (90)

Attendance: 232

Eastwood Town: James Severn, Steven Istead, Paul Riley, Gavin Caines, Sam Benjamin, Josh Burge, Jake Sheridan, Anthony Gregory, Jason Bradley, Anny Elliot, Jarrod Westcarr (Aaron Cole). Subs not used:- Aaron Mitchell, Jake Want, Jevaise Christie, Alex Troke

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Mike Aspin (Luke Mack), Adam Griffin, Danny Hall, Brett Renshaw, Andrew Pearson, Adam Birchall, Callum Byrne, Scott Spencer, Danny Broadbent (Matthew Berkeley), Ryan Crowther. Subs not used: Tunji Moses, Joel Richardson, Nathan Martin. Sent off: Andrew Pearson.

Report by Luke Edwards

Danny Hall's header rescued a point for 10 man Hyde in the final minute of injury time. Hyde made one change to the starting line up that beat Gainsborough last week, Brett Renshaw coming in for Dave Birch. Hyde took their time getting into a rhythm first half and Eastwood's Jarod Westcarr was causing problems with his pace down the left hand side.

In an uneventful 1st half It was Hyde who eventually took the lead on the half hour mark, Ryan Crowther put over a pinpoint cross and it was met by a diving Scott Spencer to head home. They had numerous chances to extend the lead Danny Broadbent bursting his way through and firing a shot against the post and Andy Pearson had a good jinking run and shot went inches wide.

Eastwood levelled out of nothing right on half time, The ball wasn't cleared properly and Steve Istead crossed for Josh Burge to bundle home. The 2nd half Hyde had a lot of possession but didn't really penetrate the home defence, Danny Broadbent had a chance to change all that when he was put through but James Severn saved well and with Eastwood pressing and breaking well they were getting into the game and Istead cut inside and shot just over.

They did get the break when a clumsy challenge from Adam Griffin gave Eastwood a penalty, Jason Bradley stepped up and took it very well firing it into the top corner. Hyde's predicament went from bad to worse when Andy Pearson dived in, it looked like a foul and a booking but the referee Mr Johnson saw it as more than that and produced a straight red card and sent him on his way.

This seemed to spur Hyde on and they piled on the pressure, MIke Aspin had a rasping shot well saved by Severn, but Eastwood were looking dangerous on the break which made for a thrilling final few minutes and the Home side were also reduced to 10 men late on when Jake Sheridan received a 2nd yellow card.

The 4 minutes which had been allocated by the referee for time added on had just about elapsed when Hyde had one last throw of the dice from a corner, from which even goalkeeper David Carnell came up for, and although the initial corner was headed away Scott Spencer crossed the ball back in to an unmarked Danny Hall at the far post who planted his header past Severn to spark jubliant scenes, although the 100% record has gone the Tigers are still unbeaten and showed great resolve to get something when not playing well.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.