An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 16th September 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United0
Frickley Athletic0

Attendance: 428

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, John Foster, Matty Taylor, Mark Beeston, Steve Tobin, Peter Band, Martin McDonald, Neil Hall, Stuart Walker (Gavin Salmon), David Hanson, Jody Banim. Subs not used: Gus Wilson, David Wills.

Frickley Athletic: Mark Wilkinson, Hilton, Fox, Lafferty, Matt Wilkinson, Hanby, Cranston, Hirst, McAreavey, Duffty, Brooks. Subs: Collins, Watson, Owen

Not a typical 0-0 draw at Ewen Fields, both sides created plenty of chances but a combination of the woodwork and poor finishing failed to break the deadlock. Steve Tobin forced Mark Wilkinson to make a great save early on as the goalkeeper turned his twenty yard half-volley round the post for a corner. Peter Band looped a header over the top from McDonald's free-kick. Dave Hanson couldn't stretch far enough to convert a Jody Banim cross but hit the crossbar shortly after when Banim again provided the cross for his header. Band blazed over the top with just Wilkinson to beat. Frickley, who lost Mark Lafferty early on through injury, failed to register a shot on target in the first half. On forty minutes McDonald's cross was headed against the post by Tobin and it looked as though it would be one of those days for the Tigers. Banim again found himself out on the wing and Walker headed over from the little man's cross when he should have scored. After the break Nicky Cranston gave Hyde goalkeeper Graham Bennett cause for concern as his shot flashed across the home sides goal and wide. Chris Hirst made an excellent saving tackle when Hanson was about to shoot from the edge of the box. Joe McAreavey almost broke the deadlock when his chip had Bennett scrambling backwards but the keeper was able to palm the ball off his goalline. Hirst then wasted Frickley's best chance of the game when his header crashed against the crossbar following a right wing cross. Hyde's Neil Hall almost produced an amazing goal on 68 minutes when his corner kick beat everyone and hit the far post before Frickley managed to clear. Substitute Scott Collins broke throught the Hyde backline but couldn't hit the target when he just had Bennett to beat. Frickley should have won the game during injury time but Peter Owen summed up the whole game when he blasted over with just the goalkeeper to beat.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.