An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 16th April 2011
Conference North

Boston United2Canoville (6), Church (29 pen)
Hyde FC2Holsgrove (18), Smart (78 pen)

Attendance: 1346

Boston United: Paul Bastock, James Cullingworth, Gareth Jellyman, Anthony Church, Lee Canoville, Kevin Austin, Stef Frost (Adam Boyes), Danny Sleath, Marc Newsham, Spencer Weir-Daley, Jamie Yates. Unused Subs:- Shane Clarke, Mickey Stones, Tom Ward, Danny Davidson.

Hyde FC: Russell Saunders, Dean Stott, Mark Lees, Scott McNiven, Steve Halford, Callum Byrne, Chris Lynch, Matty Burke, Matty Barlow (David McNiven), Kevin Holsgrove, Andrew Smart. Subs not used: Harry Calver, Chris Brown, Jake Simpson, Matt Doughty. Sent off: Callum Byrne.

Report by Luke Edwards

This was a superb battling draw for 10 men Hyde against 3rd placed Boston especially after playing for an hour for 10 men.

It was a lovely sunny day in Lincolnshire and both sides shared possession early on before the home side took the lead on 6 minutes when Lee Canoville headed home a Jamie Yates free-kick and it looked like the Tigers could be in for a long afternoon. Spencer Weir-Daley had a chance to make it 2 but his shot at goal was weak and was easily gathered by Russell Saunders, Dean Stott then wasted a chance heading over unmarked at the back post from a Kevin Holsgrove.

It was Holsgrove, who was a thorn in the Boston side all game, who got Hyde back on level terms when he cut in from the left and his shot was deflected into the net. Holsgrove then crossed for Matty Barlow minutes later but he couldnít quite connect with the goal gaping.

Saunders then had a to make a great save from a Newsham volley as the home side fought back and they went ahead when Callum Byrne was penalised for bringing down Yates in the area, even though the winger appeared to be going away from goal, Referee Matthew Walsh judged it as a straight red card and Anthony Church stepped up to give restore the lead for the home side.

With both sides quite unsure at the back it was making for an entertaining game. Although the 2nd half had fewer clear cut chances it didnít lack incident and despite only had 10 men Hyde had most of the ball and controlled the majority of the half and Paul Bastock in the home goal was the busier of the 2 keepers and he had to be at his best to tip over Andy Smartís header.

In a rare Boston Foray forward Saunders had to be alert to keep out Churchís curling free-kick. Then the defining moment of the half a poor pass back from Kevin Austin and poor control from Bastock and Matty Barlow nipped in before being hauled down by Bastock a clear penalty and despite Barlow being in on goal the keeper was amazingly only shown a yellow card.

Andy Smart handed out his own justice with a well struck penalty. The Tigers could have won it late on with Holsgrove stinging the palms of Bastock and then he held onto a Matty Burke free-kick. Right at the end substitute Adam Boyes just shot wide for the home but in truth it was pretty comfortable towards the end and the fact the Boston supporters applauded the Hyde team off showed what a good job they did.

With this result they have given themselves a real fighting chance of Conference North football next season with just 3 games left.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.