An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 26th March 2011
Conference North

Alfreton Town0
Hyde FC0

Attendance: 643

Alfreton Town: Chris Mackenzie, Josh Law, Connor Franklin, Aden Flint, Theo Streete, Anthony Howell (Jake Moult), Ian Ross, Anton Brown, Paul Clayton, Daryl Clare (Nathan Arnold), Nathan Jarman (Matt Wilson). Subs not used: Anthony Wilson, Laurie Wilson.

Hyde FC: Russell Saunders, Mark Lees, Matt Doughty, Chris Lynch, Steve Halford, Ashley Young, Kevin Holsgrove, Matty Burke, Matty Barlow, Andrew Smart, Scott McNiven. Subs not used: Lee Rick, Ben Morris, Will Burns.

Report by Luke Edwars

Hyde took a hard earned from the Impact Arena to boost their survival hopes, especially with the teams around them all losing. The last 4 meetings between the sides, in league and cup, have yielded 17 goals for the home side and they went into this game in 2nd place so most Hyde fans feared a drubbing especially, with only being able to name 3 substitutes.

The first half was a drab affair, the only real chance of note came when Daryl Clare had a header well saved by Russ Saunders on 4 minutes, Hyde were comfortable for the rest of the half and had a couple of half chances of their own through Matty Barlow and also on the stroke of half-time through Kevin Holsgrove.

The 2nd half was a different story and Alfreton charged at the Tigers from the whistle and most of the possession, however it was Hyde who nearly scored against the run of play when Chris Lynch headed over a drilled cross. After that the home side forced a number of corners and Hyde lived dangerously with both Theo Streete and Anthony Howell missing the target with free headers, Howell outside the outside off the post and new signing Matt Doughty had to clear off the line as Hyde came under more and more pressure but the defence stood firm marshalled well by Steve Halford and also Russ Saunders proving a commanding presence.

Hyde could well have nicked all 3 points late on when Holsgrove ran through one on one but screwed the shot wide, and despite 7 minutes of stoppage time being played, Hyde held on.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.