An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 5th September 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Colwyn Bay2McIlvogue (49), Limbert (65)
Hyde United1Banim (53)

Attendance: 312

Colwyn Bay: Hill, Norman, Jones, Gelling, Fenton, Graham, Limbert, G Roberts, D Graham, McIlvogue, O Roberts. Subs: Unknown

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, John Foster, Paul Robertson, Mark Beeston, Brendan Aspinall, Peter Band, Lloyd Richardson (Stuart Walker), Neil Hall, Simon Yeo (Gavin Salmon), David Hanson, Jody Banim. Subs not used: Gus Wilson.

The Tigers slumped to a second defeat of the season at Llanelian Road tonight. Hyde had the better of the opening stages and should have taken the lead when a Banim cross dropped at the feet of David Hanson who knocked the ball over from six yards, the ball bounced badly but even so it was a bad miss from close range. Banim went close soon after when he volleyed past the upright with Hill beaten. Ex-Manchester United starlet Deniol Graham showed some great skill around the edge of the Hyde box but his shot was easy for Graham Bennett to collect. Marc Limbert hit a thunderbolt flying past Bennett's post soon after and McIlvogue headed wide after Graham had broken free down the right and crossed. Some excellent play from Banim got Simon Yeo into a good position but he shot straight at Hill from 12 yards and allowed the goalkeeper to beat the ball to safety. Arguably the best chance of the half fell to Graham after Limbert's cross found him unmarked in the penalty area but Bennett saved the strikers shot with his legs. Colwyn Bay took the lead after 49 minutes, Gelling dispossessed Band on the edge of the area, drew Bennett and played the ball across goal for James McIlvogue to prod home at the far post. This brought Hyde to life for a few minutes and Hill denied Yeo with a save at the near post after the striker had turned and shot. The Tigers levelled things up on 53 minutes when Jody Banim turned in Robertson's cross at the far post and it seemed as though this was just the beginning. Peter Band had a shot blocked inside the area, Hill produced an excellent stop to tip over a Banim effort and then on 65 minutes Colwyn Bay won the game. Marc Limbert produced a strike from 25 yards which was simply stunning and sailed into the top corner giving Bennett no chance, this just as Bay's attack seemed to be dwindling. Simon Yeo was then carried off after he injured himself when he tackled Gelling, a challenge which earned the striker a yellow card. The last five minutes saw Hyde pile the pressure on as Graham Roberts blocked Banim's goal bound volley. In the final minute Hill tipped Walker's header onto the crossbar and from the following corner Dave Norman headed off the goal line to save the points for Colwyn. Hyde were poor but still left Wales feeling as if they should have got something from the game.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.