An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 28th August 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Droylsden2Corns (3), Green (18)
Hyde United4Taylor (57 pen), Banim (67, 86), Yeo (83)

Attendance: 561

Droylsden: Paul Phillips, Lee Prior, Aeon Lattie, Dave Ashton, Eddie Johnston, Carl Holmes, Kevin Lampkin, Dominic Morley, Andy Green, Stuart Corns, Wes Kinney. Subs: Danny Warner, Stephen Quinn, Andy Simpson.

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, Ally Pickering, Paul Robertson, Mark Beeston, Paul Taylor, Peter Band, Martin McDonald (Karl Marginson), Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, David Hanson (Gavin Salmon), Jody Banim. Subs not used: Gus Wilson.

Where do I start with this one? The Bloods struck with their first attack of the match, Andy Green's shot was saved by Bennett but his parry fell straight to Stuart Corns who simply rolled the ball home in the 3rd minute. Hyde were slow to come out of the blocks and when Paul Robertson burst down the left his cross was headed over by Simon Yeo. Ally Pickering had a shot saved by Bloods 'keeper Paul Phillips but David Hanson put the rebound wide. A mistake by Paul Taylor let in Andy Green on 18 minutes and he made no mistake, powering his shot past Bennett from close range to put Droylsden two up. Phillips made two more saves in the half, firstly to stop Neil Hall's goal bound shot and the second to deny a Paul Robertson free kick although in truth neither effort stretched him. The final chance of the half fell to Jody Banim but his free-kick didn't bend enough to make the goalkeeper work. By now Droylsden had shut up shop and it became clear to Hyde that they were going to have to work hard to get anything from the match. Whatever was said at half time did the trick though, indeed I don't recall Graham Bennett making a noteworthy save in the second half. Peter Band headed over a Hanson cross from the right early on. In the 57th minute Hyde got their lifeline, Hall's corner was on its way to Martin McDonald who was lining up a strike, at the last moment he dummied, drew in the tackle and the Tigers had a penalty, Paul Taylor tucked the ball away low to the goalkeepers right. Hyde equalised in the 67th minute, a long free-kick from Bennett was flicked on by Hanson and then half cleared by Droylsden, Jody Banim volleyed the clearance low into the bottom corner with an amazing strike. Hyde unbelievably took the lead in the 83rd minute, a long ball put through Gavin Salmon who was then blocked by a combination of goalkeeper Paul Phillips and Aeon Lattie, Salmon did enough to roll the ball sideways where Simon Yeo rolled the ball into an empty goal. In the 86th minute Hyde finished 45 minutes of madness when Jody Banim broke clear and chipped over Phillips to complete a victory that many in the ground would not have thought possible at half time.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.