An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 3rd April 2010
Conference North

Blyth Spartans4Tait (18, 22), Brayson (45), Pell (58)
Hyde United3McNiven (51), McNiven (59), Lynch (75)

Attendance: 401

Blyth Spartans: Sent Off: Dale (60)

Hyde United: Mark Halstead, Ben Rowbotham (Daniel Douglas-Pringle), Mark Lees, Scott McNiven, Chris Lynch, Nathan D'Laryea, Matty Burke (Domaine Rouse), Ricky Mercer, David McNiven, Kevin Holsgrove, Lee Rick (Nathan Arnold). Subs not used: Dean Stott, Scott Mooney.

For the second week running, Hyde conceded four goals away from home, but this time they managed three in reply and were desperately unlucky not to get something from a wet Croft Park.

Hyde started well and Kevin Holsgrove brought a great save out of Mark Bell after just five minutes, but it all started to go wrong on seventeen minutes when Michael Tait side-footed home after some defensive howlers. He added a second five minutes later after more sloppy defending and when Robert Dale set up Paul Brayson for Blyth’s third right on half-time, the Tigers looked down and out and on the end of a hammering.

Blyth probably couldn’t believe their luck with no victory in their previous seven games and it could have been worse for Hyde as again Mark Halstead produced a stream of excellent saves to keep the home side at bay.

The second half was a completely different story as David Mc Niven pulled a goal back on 51 minutes with a sweet finish after a flowing move from the back and neat interchanges with Nathan D’Laryea. Robert Pell, completely unmarked, headed home a corner to make it 4-1, before Scott McNiven scored with a Beckham like free kick a minute later.

Dale was then harshly sent off for a tackle on Ben Rowbotham. No malice seemed to be intended, but referee Barry Gordon incensed the partisan home crowd and surprised the players by showing a straight red. On reflection, Mr Gordon would have better days after a string of debatable decisions and yellow cards.

The Tigers piled on the pressure in the closing stages with the man advantage and Chris Lynch headed home a corner on 75 minutes to give them hope, but despite a number of close shaves, they could not find that elusive equaliser. It was harsh on Hyde, but then again you cannot expect to get something from a game where you gift the opposition three goals before the break.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.