An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 16th March 2010
Conference North

Stalybridge Celtic2Banim (6), Woods (43)
Hyde United4Holsgrove (9), Burke (56), Arnold (64, 90)

Attendance: 632

Stalybridge Celtic: Carnell, Law, Adams, Woods, Twiss, Hardiker, Hankin, Briggs, Jennings, Banim, Barlow. Subs: O Neill for Banim, Dodgson for Barlow, Battersby, Keeling, Wilkinson for Jennings.

Hyde United: Mark Halstead, Dean Stott, Mark Lees, Scott McNiven, Chris Lynch, Nathan D'Laryea, Matty Burke, Tom Manship (Lee Rick), Scott Mooney (David McNiven), Kevin Holsgrove, Nathan Arnold. Subs not used: Ricky Mercer, Ben Rowbotham, Neil Tolson.

Hyde twice came from behind to finish worthy winners at Bower Fold on Tuesday with an excellent team performance. The Tigers were superior all over the field and had some great individual performances. Nathan D’Laryea marshalled the defence well whilst Scott McNiven was a rock in midfield, but perhaps his biggest contribution was winning the toss to ensure Hyde kicked downhill in the second period. Upfront Nathan Arnold with a brace of goals, Scott Mooney and Kevin Holsgrove all worked tirelessly to keep the Stalybridge back line occupied.

Stalybridge took the lead on six minutes when Jody Banim burst through to slot past Mark Halstead, but Hyde were level six minutes later when Holsgrove headed Matty Burke’s free kick into the top corner. Despite playing up the slope, Hyde had most of the possession but found themselves a goal down just before the break when Graeme Law clearly fouled Mark Lees close to both referee and his assistant. However a corner was awarded and Steve Woods headed home to rub salt into Hyde’s wounds. Referee, Mr Johnson, later admitted he may have erred but that was scant consolation.

The Tigers started sluggishly in the second half but soon gained momentum after Burke’s free-kick drifted over a stranded Dave Carnell into the net on 56 minutes. It was now all Hyde and Arnold put them in front on 65 minutes after being set up by a neat flick from D’Laryea. More chances came and went as the Bridge were overrun and Arnold sealed victory on 90 minutes with a superb shot into the corner of the net. And all this without ‘supersub’ Tolson, who failed to get on!

It was certainly a night to remember for the travelling Tigers faithful.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.