An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 20th August 2001
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Emley2Bambrook (45, 79)
Hyde United1Yeo (20)

Attendance: 272

Emley: Paul Cuss, Ian Edge, Rory Prendergast, Andy Wilson, Gary Hatto, Paul David, Darren Day, Miles Thorpe, Simeon Bambrook, Mark Wilson,Nicky Wood. Subs: Charlie Bradshaw, Jamie Robshaw for Bambrook, Chris Prasher

Hyde United: Richard Acton, Clive Brown, Matty Taylor, Stuart Taylor, Paul Ashwell, Peter Band, Josh Howard (Neil Hall), Nehru McKenzie, Simon Yeo, Steve Foster (Gareth Rowe), Neil Critchley (Lee Matthews)

Emley came straight out of the blocks at Belle Vue tonight,with Rory Prendergast firing a shot over inside the first minute. Hyde came straight back though and Simon Yeo forced a great save from Paul Cuss as he pushed the Tigers strikers effort round the post. The home side had two good chances to break the deadlock on 17 minutes, firstly Ian Edge broke quickly down the right and put his cross onto Simeon Bambrook's head but his feeble effort was well wide. Darren Day then got into a great position but Richard Acton was out swiftly to deny the midfielder. It was Hyde who went ahead on 20minutes when Simon Yeo latched onto Matty Taylor's precise pass before firing into the corner from ten yards out. Hyde held their own against last years runners upand could have extended their lead on 36 minutes when Yeo's header fell into the path of Steve Foster but the young striker fired over from a tight angle. Emley finished off the half strongly and grabbed an equaliser on 45 minutes when Day flicked the ball back for Simeon Bambrook whose lethal left footdidn't let him down from twelve yards as he found the corner of Richard Acton's goal. Sixteen minutes into the second half, Veteran Gary Hatto went close for the Pewits with an acrobatic shot that didn't really trouble Acton. Along pass from Critchley was taken down by Simon Yeo who turned Paul David int he same movement but he couldn't produce a telling finish. Emleybwent ahead on 79 minutes as Day burst away on the right and provided a great cross for Simeon Bambrook to head home from close range. Four minutes later it could have been three when Edge's corner was headed goalwards by Andy Wilson but Matty Taylor was on the goal-line to hack the ball clear. Three minutes from time came a controversial moment as Gareth Rowe scored a close range equaliser for the Tigers but the referee awarded a foul on the goalkeeper who had missed the ball from a cross and promptly hit the ground, if there was any contact it was minimal as opposed to the 12 rounds with Lennox Lewis that Cuss obviously thought he had just survived.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.