An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 21st October 2006
Conference North

Hyde United2Johnson (3), Gedman (52)
Hinckley United0

Attendance: 364

Hyde United: Craig Dootson, David German, Chris Lynch, Earl Davis, Lincoln Adams, Nathan Wharton, Gerry Harrison, Paul Armstrong, Dale Johnson (Mike Flynn), Gareth Seddon, Paul Gedman (Mark Kerr). Subs not used: Lee Rick, Steve Brackenridge, Jean-Paul Ndjebayi. Sent off: Lincoln Adams, Nathan Wharton.

Hinckley United: Belford, Duik, Lenton, Lavery, Byron, Birch, Cartwright, Jackson, Heggs, Storey, Wykes. Subs: Sturer, Shilton, Love. Sent Off: Lenton

Hyde battled superbly against adversity on Saturday to register a fully deserved victory against Hinckley United, who had only lost once all season. They were given a dream start after only two minutes when Dale Johnson latched onto a cross and rifled home, but had to play for 20 minutes with only 10 men and the last 15 with only 9 men after firstly Lincoln Adams had received a second yellow card and then Nathan Wharton followed suit

Both will feel a little aggrieved. Adams booked in the first half for an innocuous tackle, caught Owen Storey as he went down the wing, and although it looked like he had taken the ball first, he was dismissed. Wharton was the recipient of a reckless challenge and reacted aggressively and he too was shown a second yellow. The tackle upset the Hyde players and a number surrounded Leon Jackson, who was booked. Jamie Lenton waded in for Hinckley and he too was shown a second yellow and dismissed. Sounds like a dirty game, but it wasn’t, although Rich Lavery was lucky to escape censure after a dreadful two footed challenge late in the first half.

The Tigers were without Steve Pickford and Danny Caldecott, whilst Mike Flynn was substitute, as a new defensive pairing of Adams and Earl Davis was tried. Although the visitors had plenty of possession they did not seriously test Craig Dootson, but did have a goal disallowed for offside late on. In between times the defence looked more secure than in recent matches.

The killer goal was superbly taken seven minutes after half-time by Paul Gedman as he turned superbly on the edge of the area and sent a screamer into the corner of the net. A goal fit to win any game. So despite all their possession, the visitors found themselves two goals down and a mountain to climb.

When Adams was dismissed on the hour, Johnson was sacrificed and replaced by Flynn and when Wharton went, Gedman was the unlucky man as Mark Kerr made his debut to bolster the overworked defence. Hyde held on (including five minutes of added time) showing tremendous spirit and ultimately deserving the points. More performances like this will see them climb the table and show the fans what they can really do.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.