An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 12th September 2006
Cheshire Senior Cup 1st Round

Cammell Laird3McGuire (45), Hargreaves (92), Cole (95 pen)
Hyde United2Adams (44), Johnson (100)
(after extra time)

Attendance: 110

Cammell Laird: Not available

Hyde United: David Carnell, Lincoln Adams, Chris Lynch, Nathan Wharton, Nicky Hill, Earl Davis, Gerry Harrison, Steve Pickford, Dale Johnson, Gareth Seddon (Steve Brackenridge), Steve Smith (Neil Prince (David Eyres)). Subs not used: Lee Rick, Tom Gregson.

Report By Tony Beard

The Tigers went out of the Cheshire Senior Cup on Tuesday at Cammell Laird losing in extra-time to the Unibond First Division leaders. Steve Waywell had made five changes to the team which had registered its first league win of the season on Saturday, but the players on the pitch should still have been good enough to win the game.

Hyde took the lead a minute before half-time when Lincoln Adams headed past former Tiger, Peter Crooks, from a cross by Steve Smith. The Tigers joy was short-lived as seconds later Cammell equalised through a good goal by leading scorer Jamie McGuire.

There were some close shaves but no goals in the second half and the match went into extra-time and suddenly there were a flurry of goals. Another former Tiger, Anthony Hargreaves picked up a long punt downfield to put Cammell in front and then minutes later, Gerry Harrison handled in the area, and the Tigers were suddenly two down. Undeterred, Hyde stormed upfield and immediately pulled a goal back through Dale Johnson.

In the second period despite Hyde’s efforts for an equaliser, Cammell Laird held out to progress into the next round and leave Steve Waywell plenty to ponder as to how to get some consistency from his talented squad.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.