An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 28th January 2006
Conference North

Hyde United3Dean (18), Wharton (74), McNeil (83)
Kettering Town0

Attendance: 520

Hyde United: Jean-Paul Ndjebayi, Lincoln Adams (David German), Chris Lynch, Paul Jones, Mike Flynn, Nathan Wharton, Wayne Dean, Gerry Harrison, Nicky Clee (Steve Brackenridge), Dale Johnson (Neil Tolson), Matty McNeil. Subs not used: Paul Armstrong, Mark Westhead.

Kettering Town: Osborn, Diuk, Gould, Brennan, McIlwain, Brown, Burgess, McAuley, Elding, Palmer, Paterson. Subs: Hall, Theobald, Moore, Black, Young.

In the Ewen Fields sun, Kettering found Hyde too hot to handle despite their star studded line up, and lost 3-0 for the second time in a week. They should have been grateful that Hyde took pity on them as it should have been six or seven. To cap a woeful afternoon, ?0,000 striker Anthony Elding was sent off on 52 minutes for stamping on Nicky Clee. One of the few times he had actually been close to the play.

The Tigers started strongly and Clee went close after just three minutes with a free kick. It was all Hyde and therefore no surprise on 18 minutes when Wayne Dean, superb throughout, shot them in front after Matty McNeil had squared the ball back. The closest the visitors came to troubling Hyde was when Elding met Jean Paul in full flight and needed treatment after a 50/50 challenge.

Right on half time, Clee struck a post after brilliant work from Dale Johnson. Hyde continued the second half in similar vein and were helped after just seven minutes by Elding’s moment of madness after being fouled by Clee. The Poppies soon began to wilt as Hyde continued to give them a roasting. Clee missed a sitter and the Tigers contrived to miss three times after having a spare man on the attack.

It was left to Nathan Wharton, again an inspiration in midfield, to grab the second on seventy-four minutes from just inside the area and at least give Hyde some breathing space, although the visitors had in all honesty never seriously threatened. A minute later Kettering ‘keeper, Mark Osborn picked up a clear back pass, but Mr.Bell, an excellent referee on the day, allowed him to continue. Perhaps he just felt sorry for the overrun visitors.

It was now all Hyde and Johnson was unlucky with an effort just wide before McNeil lashed home a third with seven minutes left. It could and should have been plenty more as the Tigers turned on their best football of the season. Kettering were simply awful and Hyde had certainly turned up the heat on beleaguered manager Kevin Wilson.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.