An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 27th August 2018
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Buxton1Hardy (55)
Hyde United0

Attendance: 712

Buxton: Roberts, Meade, Brown, N De Girolamo, G Young, Dean, D De Girolamo, A Young (Grayson), Chippendale, Hardy (Coppin), Oyibo (Gee). Unused Subs: Ravenhill & Budtz

Hyde United: Peter Crook, Kyle Harrison, Kyle Brownhill, Keenan Quansah, John McCombe, Matty Hughes, Pete Boyle (Sam Heathcote), Janni Lipka, Karl Jones (David Brown), Tom Pratt, Luke Porritt. Subs not used: James Hodges, Jordan Fagbola, Gavin Rothery.

From Buxton FC

A superb second-half strike by Liam Hardy was a goal totally befitting the magnificent occasion that was the unveiling of the major Silverlands changes during the summer. Many of the bumper crowd, including Cheshire League championship-winning player, Robin Hughes, expressed their delight in and gratitude for the 'new-look' stadium and their good mood was enhanced by their favourites' first competitive win of the season.
Until the 54th minute the exchanges had been evenly contested but the introduction of Bradley Grayson only a few minutes earlier after skipper Greg Young had suffered a back injury in a tumble proved decisive. Grayson's midfield performances had been a revelation pre-season and 'the Bucks' had certainly missed his incisive play during his injury absence and how that was shown when his fine pass released Hardy to net from 20 yards with the kind of power-drive he relishes.
The quality of the goal lifted his team-mates but all wasn't plain-sailing thereafter as 10 minutes later a Josh Meade error presented visiting striker Pratt with Hyde's best chance but he shot wide. At the other end Buxton continued to threaten and twice Diego cleared the bar with shots within 6 minutes, the first as he latched onto another splendid Grayson pass,the second as he received a square pass from the forward-looking Alex Brown. Ash Young also fired too high then ex-Harrogate Town 'keeper Crook managed to grab the ball to end a scramble following good work by Diego and substitute Gary Gee. Callum Chippendale was close to creating an 86th-minute opening for a decisive second goal but Hyde broke away dangerously down the right and it took an athletic intervention by Meade to avert the threat when the cross arrived. Generally, however, United,not committing anything extra to attack late on, failed to disturb the composure of the sound home defence that also benefitted from any number of offside decisions versus Hyde attackers.
Buxton had again made changes after Saturday's Workington expedition, with Brown restored to the 5-man defence in place of the unavailable Alastair Taylor, while winger Jude Oyibo replaced Gee. Hyde's advantages were in having had a comfortable 5-1 F,A. Cup home win over Sheffield F.C. 2 days earlier, plus having experience of a very similar surface at their own Ewen Fields and these showed in United's early attacking play without them creating much threat to the home goal. The most exciting exchanges of the opening period came close to the interval. A Hyde free-kick was heading threateningly towards the far post until cleared by a vital Greg Young header, then from a 30-yard Boyle free-kick, Theo Roberts saved at the expense of a corner-kick, which was cleared for the pacy Oyibo to run down the left until fouled. From the resulting Ash Young free-kick it was Crook's turn to make a fine, diving save, likewise at the expense of a corner.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.